IGNORED

newer store 'Game Crazy'

I got a little ad in my paper yesterday about a videogame store called 'Game Crazy' They aparently are affiliated with Hollywood Video, because all their locations are right next to it. I was flipping thru it, and found out that there arent any in my local area (within 30 miles atleast) so I'm not going to one. A little 'special' they have I thought was a GREAT deal, 'If you buy $50 in classic games, you get the coresponding system FREE!' , it excludes XB, GC, PS2 and GBA. The systems they have listed on the page are, Genesis, SNES, NES, Dreamcast, PS1, N64, and GBC. That seems to be a hell of a deal to me.

yeah they have a Game crazy in Fremont CA, It's right next to the Hollywood video. It has all sorts of games there, and really really good prices. In fact GameGrazy is the only place where i know i can buy a 32X, or a Sega Nomad. I mean they have a large sellection of the "older" stuff. Also you can buy games that were rentals from Hollywood video and those games are dirt cheap!!!! i bought most of my N64 games from them.

Do they have games/accessories for the...

Atari 2600

SMS

Game Gear

Saturn

32X

Sega CD

There’s one near me but the oldest system that they go back to is the NES. I didn't see any 32X, Saturn, SegaCD, or SMS stuff. There was a GameGear unit in the display case, however.

There are tons of Game Crazy's here in Austin now. In fact, they attended the Austin Gaming Expo in July, which was good publicity for them as they were still actively opening stores here (well, opening stores inside Hollywood Videos, but they do have their own entrance and can remain open separate of Hollywood Video).

..Al

not linked to each other? that sort of makes sense. because it's really just an outlet for Holywood's used games. The only thing they are linked to is probably the store they are attached to. I've never been to any other Game Crazy but the one near where I live. but like I said it's really cool, and it's loaded with alot of older stuff.

not linked to each other? that sort of makes sense. because it's really just an outlet for Holywood's used games. The only thing they are linked to is probably the store they are attached to. I've never been to any other Game Crazy but the one near where I live. but like I said it's really cool, and it's loaded with alot of older stuff.

The two stores are linked to each another inside. But the opening between each store can be closed and locked so each can remain open independent of the other.

..Al

The two stores are linked to each another inside. But the opening between each store can be closed and locked so each can remain open independent of the other.

..Al

Well, here there's a few of them around. My friend bought a game at one in Lincoln Park, but found they had put the wrong disc in. Well, the closest store to her dorm was a different one, so she went there to get it straightened out, and found out that since they weren't linked, all she could do was trade it in and pay an extra 3 bucks to get the game she wanted in the first place (as the LP location was about a half hour out of her way). She called the LP locale to find that they didn't even HAVE the right game there.

Organization, they definitely need to work on.

There are plenty here in southern California. They are kinda hit and miss as some else stated.

I don't get some of there pricing... I mean c'mon... $10 for the gameboy Tetris?!?!? hat was the pack-in game for god-sake!

Everyonce in a while there is a good deal to be had though. I got my Pirate SMB3 cart there for only $5.00 I believe.

I don't get some of there pricing... I mean c'mon... $10 for the gameboy Tetris?!?!? hat was the pack-in game for god-sake!

$10 is a decent price for Tetris. Price isn't based solely upon availability and Tetris remains a very popular title.

Oh I relize it is popular, but it is also the most common game. Would you pay $10 for Super Mario / Duck Hunt on the NES?  :?

Well no, of course not. However, no current system plays NES carts hence their relative cheap price. Millions of people have a GameBoy of one sort or another and, thus, the market price of used titles reflects this. And more popular titles will necessarily command higher prices.

I think that 10 bucks for Tetris is plenty fair. Sure it was the pack-in game, but its not that Tetris DX with the godawful soundtracky. And it hasn't been the pack-in game for about 8 years?

Now I only wish that GBA or GBASP came with a game (and not the special limited pokemon stuff) I would have gotten one sooner