IGNORED

Want to see the Atari Panther?

AEX

They did try their best with it, but just like Atari and their Jaguar, their timing and limited capital just didn't work out the way they had hoped.

The disadvantage that nailed Sega was that the financial model of the industry had shifted. From the Atari 2600 to the PSX, companies focused on breaking even on consoles and making money on the software. With the Dreamcast/PS2/X-Box, the focus shifted on companies LOSING money on the consoles and making it up on software.

Sega, after the debacles known as Saturn/32X/Sega CD, didn't have the cash to be able to survive in such a model for long. And while the Dreamcast did have solid games and sell decently, Sega was in no finanical position to weather the storm while waiting for the Dreamcast's install base to grow to a level that would keep the company alive.

I played a little with Catia today. So here is Panther in 3D :-)  It is not very exact, there was some dimension missing, but for basic imagination it is enough

OMG!!! Very cool, nice work.... I'd make the buttons red though... I have a feeling that seemed like the color scheme all along.... Looks like a Cylon face...

Curt

I played a little with Catia today. So here is Panther in 3D :-)  It is not very exact, there was some dimension missing, but for basic imagination it is enough

Hey, that's a great rendition you made.

Thanks for taking the time to do it and share. :)

Heh.... when he first posted the blue one... I was messing around with the Panther logo and trying to affix it... .but as you can see it didn't work out very well.... anyways :)

I think it looks kick ass. 8) Especially the letter "R."

LOL! I went to quote your post and hit ignore by accident :ponder:

@krupkaj- SWEET! :D

@ atari-explorer.com

I checked out your homepage and the new panther section.

very impressing. awesome hot stuff. sensational material. :thumbsup:

But I think you did a very little mistake @ the panther drawings:

watch that "back" image carefully. I think you should flip this

image in vertical direction, shouldn't you? :ponder:

greetinx from germany

micky

Hi Micky,

I haven't had time to check it out fully, but can you explain further what the mistake might be?

If I've made one - sorry! Someone point it out to me and I'll correct it.

Many thanks for the kind words,

Oh, and krupkaj - great model - lovely work!

Karl

I haven't had time to check it out fully, but can you explain further what the mistake might be?

If I've made one - sorry!  Someone point it out to me and I'll correct it.

He already said that :)

What he means is that the back view of the Panther shown on your site is with the Panther resting upside-down - the cooling fins are on the top in that picture, as opposed to the bottom in all the other views. So it needs to be flipped vertically :)

Stone

Here is beter model with red

Could I have permission to include your 3D model on the Atari Museum website and credit you for your work?

Yes, of course! I am glad you want to have my model on your pages. I can make some other views for you if you want. Just pm me.