IGNORED

DOOM 32X Problems...

Jasoco

I received my, well, one of my copies of DOOM 32X in the mail today. I tested it at Lunch time. It worked fine. I went through the first level partially and turned it off. It worked great.

Now, I come home, and the game is having all sorts of weird errors.

First it tried to load something I guess, a Demo, and it shows a weird oldschool DOOM Error num_flats whatever error.

But now it just shows garbled garbage after the copyright screen. Both times it still allows me to use the menus, but pressing start just sits there.

I really wanna play this one. THe controls are so much nicer than Jaguar DOOM. I can actually move left and right while walking forward.

Is this a known problem? Could the 32X be doing it? Is there a battery inside? This is a brand new out of the box was still wrapped in plastic copy I won.

Edit: Apparently, it was the 32X. I tested my 4 games. Star Wars had vector problems and didn't load the level. But Space Harrier and After Burner worked flawlessly.

But I took the 32X out and put it back in and it works for now. :ponder:

If cleaning the cart port and cart itself isnt quite enough try taking it apart and cleaning the ribbon:

http://sonic-cult.org/articles/32x/

Scroll about halfway down.I know Ive linked to this before,but I never knew about this method of cleaning until I saw the site.It worked for me when my 32x was sick :D