IGNORED

WTB: Used Xbox

vb_master

I'm looking for a reasonably priced used Xbox system. Don't start giving me offers, because the system has to meet these specifications:

1. System must be made before 2003-07-24. You can see your manufacturing bate by turning the Xbox over and looking at the white label.

2. System must also have a Samsung DVD drive. You can see if your Xbox has the Samsung DVD drive by plugging in the system, turning it on (doesn't have to be attached to TV), and pressing the eject button. If the DVD tray has only one big hole in the middle, it's a (bad) Thomson or Philips drive. If it has more holes in the tray, it is a Samsung drive, which is what I want.

3. System must have a controller and all hook-ups

*OPTIONAL* If you have one of those controller port to USB things, I would like that to be included.

If the Xbox you have meets these 3 requirements and if you give a reasonable price (less than $150.00), I will most likely buy it from you! Thanks!

No, You don't understand! CPUWIZ, I want to run linux, but not perminantly (not knoppix or gnoppix). So I thought the Xbox architecture would support what I needed. Surf the net, type stuff, send email, play games on the xbox in linux. Why do you think I would pirate? Anyways, I wanted an Xbox sience I didn't have one and really want to play HALO and use Linux.

No, You don't understand! CPUWIZ, I want to run linux, but not perminantly (not knoppix or gnoppix). So I thought the Xbox architecture would support what I needed. Surf the net, type stuff, send email, play games on the xbox in linux. Why do you think I would pirate? Anyways, I wanted an Xbox sience I didn't have one and really want to play HALO and use Linux.

Fair enough. Usually people install modchips to play pirated games. ;)

@NE146: Zip it, you're an exception. :D

2. System must also have a Samsung DVD drive. If the DVD tray has only one big hole in the middle, it's a (bad) Thomson or Philips drive. If it has more holes in the tray, it is a Samsung drive, which is what I want.

What I want to know is what is the difference in dvd drives? Or is it only having to do with modding the xbox? I apparently have the bad, one hole Philips drive. I've no complaints, it plays movies great...(although, thats not what I bought the system for...)

What I want to know is what is the difference in dvd drives?  Or is it only having to do with modding the xbox?  I apparently have the bad,  one hole Philips drive.  I've no complaints,  it plays movies great...(although,  thats not what I bought the system for...)

Philips are fine as are Thomsons. The Samsungs are way over rated especially the newer ones. I could put anything I feel like in any Thomson and it will read just fine, Philips are picky at times. I have quite a few Samsungs here that are useless. All in all, the media you use is more important than the drive you have.

@NE146: Zip it, you're an exception.

Man, that hurts..... :sad: :D

I repair Xboxes. I've never seen any burnt out Samsungs or Philips yet, but I have a stack of fried Thompson's.

I don't have exactly what you are after, but I do have a number of older Xboxes, that have no DVD drives at all, that suffer from error 7 and error 16. these Xboxes can be modded, and have function restored. I'd let an Xbox like that go reasonably cheap. You'd have to find a DVD drive for it, but since you are so specific about Samsung (I put a samsung in mine and love it), you may find it easier looking separately anyway.

Pm me if you are at all interested.