IGNORED

Just got a Sega Master System today

Brad2600

I saw a SMS at the video store where I go to get games and I picked it up for $40 along with a CIB copy of Rocky. I can't currently get it to boot up with Rocky but I will be looking for more games soon. There is no built in game and it said v.1.3 when I booted it up.

It's in exceptional shape.

I also found some more 7800 games.

Did I pay too much?

I will want more SMS games. I'm hoping to do some SMS for 2600/5200 trades as I have some 2600 commons and a 5200 game.

Good score, Kepone. No, I don't think you paid all that much. Maybe a little high, but these things are getting harder and harder to find, so. Anyway, get a copy of Phantasy Star, pronto. AWESOME game. Golden Axe Warrior is an enjoyable Zelda clone. God, there are SO many great games for the SMS it's hard to list them all!

I have been wanting one for months because I played one several years ago and it had some nice games like Alex Kidd and Hang On.

It is a real nice system. Sleekly designed and all.

Anyone know a good SMS resource site with a rarity guide? Let me know.

I have been wanting one for months because I played one several years ago and it had some nice games like Alex Kidd and Hang On.

It is a real nice system. Sleekly designed and all.

Anyone know a good SMS resource site with a rarity guide? Let me know.

THE SMS site : http://www.smspower.org - check out the forums. Bock just revised the Japanese and world release lists.

Andrew Kreig's SMS rarity guide : http://my.execpc.com/~krieg/links/sms.carts

(note - it's a good place to start but not completely accurate, especially when dealing with foreign cart compatibility on US systems)

Now, start hunting for some 3D glasses! :D

Boot it up without a game.

Wait for the "Welcome to Sega Master System" text to appear.

Press "UP" and "1" (or is it 2?).

Sit back and enjoy the hidden game!  :D

Nothing happens when I do this.

:?

Are there supposed to be 2 versions of the SMS? One with and one without the built in game?

Yeah for some reason, can't get Rocky to work though the system boots up fine without it.

I just BIN'ed Rampage CIB on EBay and I'm hunting for Double Dragon. I'm going to start off with games that are familiar and available on rival systems.

Can the SMS play games from Brazil? I was wondering if they have PAL-M SMS games or not.

I'm gonna keep it low profile but I think collecting for the SMS will surpass my Genesis collection. SMS has some worthy ports. I want Paperboy next.

I picked up a nice loose copy of Global Defense on Saturday for 2 bucks, already had the box so it worked out well. It's like a cross between Missile Command and Defender, pretty fun.

The european Sonic games (1, 2, and Chaos) are must-haves imo. Wonder Boy III represents the real potential of the Master System, probably my favorite game for any system out there.

Are there supposed to be 2 versions of the SMS? One with and one without the built in game?

Hmm...it's been awhile since I tried the Snail Maze code, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is (UP and 1). To be safe, I searched Google and they seem to report a slightly different method to access it. I honestly don't remember doing it this way, but whatever. Try it out:

http://www.gamewinners.com/SMS/MasterSystem.htm

I picked up a nice loose copy of Global Defense on Saturday for 2 bucks, already had the box so it worked out well. It's like a cross between Missile Command and Defender, pretty fun.

The european Sonic games (1, 2, and Chaos) are must-haves imo. Wonder Boy III represents the real potential of the Master System, probably my favorite game for any system out there.

I'm guessing that the European releases won't work on US SMS systems, eh?

If they will, I'd probably spring for those games later on.

Thanks for the link, Adrian M. I will check it out another time. :D

Hmm...it's been awhile since I tried the Snail Maze code, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is (UP and 1). To be safe, I searched Google and they seem to report a slightly different method to access it. I honestly don't remember doing it this way, but whatever. Try it out:http://www.gamewinners.com/SMS/MasterSystem.htm

Actually, it's Up+1 & 2.