This is a special Holiday 2003 Atari 2600 Hack using the

Space Fury mascot of Digital Press.

Digitpress.com

GAME DESCRIPTION

Space Fury and Ms. Space Fury dress up as Santa Claus and

Mrs. Claus to go to a Christmas Party. Little did they know that

Frosty the Snowman is tired of Santa Claus getting all the Holiday

attention and he has decided to kidnap Mrs. Claus to get Santa

out of the way. Frosty has kidnapped Ms. Space Fury by mistake.

In this action-packed rescue adventure, you move Space Fury through

incredible dangers to save her. Your skill and speed determine

your score.

post-3832-1069733555_thumb.jpg

post-3832-1069733556_thumb.jpg

post-3832-1069733557_thumb.jpg

dpxmas.zip

• Like 1

Looks great!  Hacking DK is a double-edge sword.  The gameplay limits you, but the graphics are fairly easy to manipulate.  I've attempted several an ill-fated DK hack in my day

Hacking the colors and sprites are easy. Attempting anything with the background is a nightmare due to the display routine(squashed and stretched). Before I settled on the trees I tried to make a sleigh in place of the oil barrel. It made a good speedboat, maybe I'll make a spring edition with Tarzan and a speedboat. :roll:

I'm putting together a limited amount of copies of the game to be offered at Digital Press. It will be first come first serve. (less then 20)

I'm still working on it, but it should be sent in a decorative christmas tin with an instruction sheet, backstory and other christmas goodies. For more details keep checking Digital Press. (digitpress.com)

Looks great!  Hacking DK is a double-edge sword.  The gameplay limits you, but the graphics are fairly easy to manipulate.  I've attempted several an ill-fated DK hack in my day

If you want to alter the game play then take a look at the early disassembly of Donkey Kong I posted to [stella]. It's not complete (at least one variable needs to be named) but I think its readable.

I pulled out some constants so it should be easy to change at least the jump height and/or jump time.

Have fun with it. I plan on finishing it (naming all variables and labels) but I've but it to the side for now to finish...well you know :roll: