IGNORED

New Market Price of Battlesphere

The Helper

It looks Scatologics announcement of more games for sale soon has dropped the ebay market price of Battlesphere at least 100 bucks. It looks like its at abou 250$ One hundred dollars less than the 350$ it peaked out last month.

Good news for Battlesphere buyers as another run will soon be available. It is also a coincidence that the new ebay price is the same that Battlephere Bob announced he would sell any customers (suckers) in the Jaguar Interactive II Forum

I have seen Thunderbird posts that hint that he has been assembling cartridges - that is where he found that super rare race game he auctioned on eBay.

BTW - if you want to buy Battlesphere to help the cause

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?V...item=1276824145

• 4 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Ze_ro:

I can't wait for this second run... anyone know what kind of prices will be charged, or if there's a sign-up for preorders or anything? Or am I jumping the gun on the issue?

--Zero

Actually, it will be the third run...forget preorders, they (ScatoLOGIC) seem to have made some kind of blood oath or pact to never do preordering. Just keep checking the Battlespere.com home page, JI2, and here, you'll get filled in when the rest of us do...

I too would like to buy a copy of Battlesphere, but I refuse to pay $100+ for a video game. Is this game truly as good as people make it out to be, or are they simply blinded by the hype and scarcity of the game?

I just bought Starlancer for my Dreamcast which looks similar to Battlesphere. The trouble is, the game really isn't that fun. What is it about Battlesphere that makes it so fun and addictive?

Well, I've never had the opportunity to try Starlancer (yet), so I don't know how similiar the games actually are...obviously you can't expect the graphic quality of Battlesphere to be anywhere near that of Starlancer on the DC. But, it is excellent graphics for the Jaguar with 60fps speed, lightsourcing from both the Sun and weapons, great shading and special effects, good music and classic sound effects. The thing that makes Battlesphere so good though, is the in-game control, it is by far the best DOG FIGHTING simulation I have seen yet, before or after Battlesphere. The artificial intelligence rocks, the ships handle fantastically, you can really get in there and run circles around each other. I have played space sims since before the WingCommander or StarWars sims were around, and this is the first game (Battlesphere) to pull off such realistic and FUN dogfighting. Plus playing linked up with two or more Jaguars just adds to the dogfight excitement, playing with or against other human opponents as well as A.I. Also, two people can play on one console, either linked or on a solo Jag as pilot and gunner. The dogfighting just rules! Just remember though, that as far a visuals and sound, this game is from '95. It definately blows away the Wingcommander and StarWars games of the same "era," overall. It's also technically a first generation Jaguar title even though it was delayed for years, if they were to do a sequal, they could do even better on the Jaguar, but it's still easily one of the Jaguars top 5 or so games.

Is it worth hundreds? Certainly not. But I would pay upwards of a buck twentyfive (read $125.00) for a second copy...for linking and rarity. If you just want a good Jag game to play, it's worth about a bill, but no more, and the casual user certainly would think even ScatoLOGIC's standard price a bit steep considering the age of the game&console...

What I like about the game is the attention to detail that is present. You can really tell that this game had a lot of time put into and it and is totally tweaked out. I mean I look at it and say, this can't be a Jaguar game. Technically, the game is light years ahead of anything that is available on the Jaguar.

I can see what's going to happen already: Scatologic will release a new batch of these games for about $70-80 each, and they'll sell out before I even find out about it Oh well... I've been waiting this long for Battlesphere... what's a few more years?

--Zero