IGNORED

Standalone All-In-One Joystick Games

Rob Mitchell

Sears sells the Atari/Intellivision bundled together. It seems strange to see Sears selling systems that it has not carried since 1983! :D

So, what kinds of people buy this stuff? I would not think anyone would be interested except us collectors.

Also, I wish they'd install more games. 10 games, most of which are lousy, is not a good deal.

The games on the Namco TV Games system are okay translations, though not all the sounds in the games match up to the originals. The only other complaints I have is that the color tends to flicker at times and that the joystick could be a little less stiff. It's still worth a purchase if you like to have a few classic arcade games to play without firing up your PC or game console.

Personally, I would like to see other games included in future product releases, like the original arcade versions of Nintendo's popular early 1980s games instead of NES translations.

Rob,

Circuit City has both of these on sale for $14.99 these weekend while supplies last. The web site had both the Atari and Namco available earlier today, but the Atari has now sold out. The Namco is still available and shipping is free. I wouldn't wait if you are thinking of buying these as they probably will sell out.

http://www.circuitcity.com/verity_search.j...G&begin=20&qp=0

Circuit City has both of these on sale for $14.99 these weekend while supplies last.  The web site had both the Atari and Namco available earlier today, but the Atari has now sold out.  The Namco is still available and shipping is free.  I wouldn't wait if you are thinking of buying these as they probably will sell out.

Both sold out .. and I did not get one! :sad:

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Went by Circuit City on the way home last night .. and tried to find one of the three Namco uints that they said were still in stock .. but all gone. SO the CC guy special ordered the Namco one for me for the same sale price! Hopefully it will arrive at the store and I can go pick it up before Christmas.

Here's thinkgeeks atari 10-in-one, but it seems really expensive:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/5d39/

and here's the activision 10-in-one:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/5d41/

Thinkgeek is usually at times very expensive, but the coolness of the products usually overcomes how much you have to shell out.

ThinkGeek's overcharging out the ass for those Atari 10-in-1 units. Their reccomended retail price should be about $20. I bought mine for $25 in a GameStop right after they came out. I knew $25 was too much, but I really wanted it. I wouldn't pay $40 for one, though. Oh well. I guess if I want another one, I could just pick one up from the Kroger I work at. We've got a pile of them.

The Intellivision 25-in-1 is really one of those NES type machines.

Where's the Intellivision 35-in-1? I don't see it on that website.

They have 2 units, a 10-in-1 and a 25-in-1. I am not sure if Jakks Pacific is making these. Anyway, here's the official page:

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/retrotop...direct2tv.shtml

Anyone want to comment on the quality of the Namco game?

Emulation-wise, the Namco games look and feel mostly right. The sound, on the other hand, is lacking particularly with some of the bassier effects (like explosions for example).

The Atari all-in-one joystick also had some sound issues, but I found some gameplay element anomalies (like the dragon patterns Adventure) to be somewhat more noticeable.

I have been tempted numerous times to buy the Namco one... but I have read so many negative reviews of them that I've managed to restrain myself.

From what I've read, the one to REALLY stay away from is the Intellivision unit. By far the worst of them all.

I would not buy the Atari one .. just because paddle games do not use a stick! But I have two of the Namco units coming .. hopefully they are satisfying for gameplay!

Emulation-wise, the Namco games look and feel mostly right.  The sound, on the other hand, is lacking particularly with some of the bassier effects (like explosions for example).

Here's hoping it works for me!

Emulation-wise, the Namco games look and feel mostly right.  The sound, on the other hand, is lacking particularly with some of the bassier effects (like explosions for example).

Here's hoping it works for me!

Enjoy them...either way, they're great collector's items.

Good luck to you! ;)

• 1 month later...
But I have two of the Namco units coming .. hopefully they are satisfying for gameplay!

After waiting forever .. I finally remembered to call Circuit City .. and they had the Namco units in stock! I just tried it out .. and it is a sturdy construction and satisfying experience! For $15 .. I like it! :D

Also they have repackaged the Activision unit as a joystick.

http://www.jakkstvgames.com

The Intellivision 25 in 1 sucks. I got for Xmas and a couple of games are fun but all in all it's a very disappointing product. I rarely play mine.

At a local video place near me they have something in the window called the Xboy1. It looks like a small Xbox(about half a real Xbox size) comes with 2 controllers and a gun. They weren't open when I saw it so I couldn't check it out or see how much but I'm guessing it's more NES games in a different package. Has anyone else ever seen this thing?

The Intellivision 25 in 1 sucks.  I got for Xmas and a couple of games are fun but all in all it's a very disappointing product.  I rarely play mine.

At a local video place near me they have something in the window called the Xboy1.  It looks like a small Xbox(about half a real Xbox size) comes with 2 controllers and a gun. They weren't open when I saw it so I couldn't check it out or see how much but I'm guessing it's more NES games in a different package.  Has anyone else ever seen this thing?

The local games reseller has those. I'm tempted to pick one up to see what exactly it is. Methinks SNES games.