IGNORED

WOW!!

PuddWakkr

Holy Zombie Jesus! Is this thing for real? Has anyone noticed if the score is inconsistent or anything? Just the way he times all his jumps to get all those extra lives from the cannonballs is ridiculous.

By the way, I really wish people wouldn't use WMV when making videos... it's such an unfriendly format.

--Zero

Saw that a couple days ago.. it's really interesting. At first I thought he was able to jump TOO high in the first round so that made me suspicious... but then after watching it again I guess it's possible. I haven't seen it since then so I'll have to watch it again in full.

http://www.people.virginia.edu/~scy8y/moSMB3.wmv

My brother and I beat Mario Bros III in 8 minutes, 23 seconds back in 2000

Did you notice that on all the non-scrolling boards he runs full throddle to the right with the exception of one spot where he stops to pick up a turtle shell? And all the other boards scroll on their own? My question is how would one shave almost 3 minutes off the completion time? A hidden warp that lets you skip a screen? :?

Yeah, I seen that were he got the hidden mushroom, and skipped thru two blocks on the top of the screen. It is also a japanese version, so you never know if there are differences in it (such as the above bug)

I also noticed in the ship level on world 8, it is possible to swim thru the whole level under the ship and he doesn't do that.

I am quite amazed by it though. :D

Would it be possible to hack the game or use a game genie or something so you wouldn't get hit? because it looks like he hits a few boms clearly on the side of his body.

Yeah, I seen that were he got the hidden mushroom, and skipped thru two blocks on the top of the screen. It is also a japanese version, so you never know if there are differences in it (such as the above bug)
That "Feature" has been known about since the days of SMB1. The one mentioned above was even noted in Nintendo's own SMB3 Players Guide. I use it myself. 1UP, go through wall. Cool little trick.

I was skeptical, then I was sure it was real, then I was skeptical, then I am sure. Now I can't make up my mind.

I did notice that he seemed to be getting 1UP's two and sometimes 5 at a time when doing all those cannon-ball hops. But the damn movie was so blurry, I couldn't be 100% sure.

I haven't been this surprised since that other video with the two guys beating SMB1 at the same time without stopping.

Funny thing is, I had NO IDEA you could kill Bowser in SMB3 with fireballs. I knew you could in 1, but in 3? Wow.. And I love how he just kept jumping on his head to stay up there. Daamn..

The first Boom Boom Fortress surprised me how he went through the entire castle without slowing and was able to go right into a flight the second he got the feather.

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? HOW CAN THEY BE SO GOOD?

It's hard to know if it's real. Maybe a video of the guy playing rather than a video capture.

Now.. who wants to do SMB2? ;)

Would it be possible to hack the game or use a game genie or something so you wouldn't get hit? because it looks like he hits a few boms clearly on the side of his body.

OMG .. this dude aint human... But bjk are right about that it looks like he hits a few bombs... But maybe its just a really close shave.. :)

Holy mother of Bambi!! I'm impressed.

The "through wall" trick is legit, since I've done it. But 11 minutes??! Half of the joy of the game (for me) is getting to all the secret stuff. I'm not sure I'd like racing through it that way. But I'm definitely astounded by this guy's accumulated spot-on knowledge of the control scheme. How long does one have to stay in his room and play this game before getting to this level of coordination? Jeez Louise.

11 minutes??! Half of the joy of the game (for me) is getting to all the secret stuff. I'm not sure I'd like racing through it that way.

That's why it's called "Time Attack".. it's a challenge or sometimes even a built-in game mode you see all the time where the express intent IS to finish the game in as fast a time as possible. It's just another variation of play to some people. I'm sure they've already explored the game inside and out. :)

Hmmm the videos you guys are posting seem a little blurrier than the one I watched last week. I wonder if it's a different/lower quality one? :?

11 minutes??! Half of the joy of the game (for me) is getting to all the secret stuff. I'm not sure I'd like racing through it that way.

That's why it's called "Time Attack".. it's a challenge or sometimes even a built-in game mode you see all the time where the express intent IS to finish the game in as fast a time as possible. It's just another variation of play to some people. I'm sure they've already explored the game inside and out. :)

Hmmm the videos you guys are posting seem a little blurrier than the one I watched last week. I wonder if it's a

......you wonder if it's a..............ok gotcha:)