IGNORED

Comments on Some 7800 Games Wanted

Mendon

I've been thinking about maybe adding some games to my 7800 collection. I've seen the following games on eBay recently, never played them as they are much harder to find & more costly than Dig Dug, and was wondering if the gameplay on them is worth investing many $$$ in:

Planet Smashers

Fatal Run

Basketbrawl

Motor Psycho

Super Skateboardin

F-18 Hornet

Alien Brigade

These are all being offered by the same seller and here is a link:

List of Games From Same Seller

I mainly purchase games for playing and usually avoid buying games just for "collecting" purposes. So I was just curious as to your comments about how playable these games are or whether some fall into the "terrible game - avoid - collecting only" category.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Mendon

I mainly purchase games for playing and usually avoid buying games just for "collecting" purposes.  

Mendon

Me too (at least with the 7800) I'm more interested in playing than collecting. I heard Alien Brigade is really good. I have some of that sellers' games on my watchlist. Unfortunately Alien Brigade is kinda past my price range. Pretty intense for a cart rated a "2" - current bid is over $36 bucks!

Why go to Ebay I bought most of those titles through

Frank Polosky

P. O. Box 9542

Pittsburg,PA 15223

and did not pay more than $20 each

By the way Alien Brigade is an excellent game

Um...who is this guy? You just sent him money and what you want? Does he have email?

Here's my take and it's purely subjective:

Planet Smashers

Very hard and the graphics aren't all that impressive, but I found it entertaining.

Fatal Run

Cool idea but it gets old really, REALLY fast. At least it has a password save. the ending is cool, though!

Basketbrawl

Not a popular game, but I like it a lot, actually.

Motor Psycho

When I had my previous 7800, I hardly played it. Really quite boring, IMO. Of course, I sold it and now it's hard to get. I'm sure my original copy has probably hit Ebay seven or eight times now. :-)

Super Skateboardin

Nothing special, but a fun diversion.

F-18 Hornet

A bit too complicated of a game for a console.

Alien Brigade

My favorite of these. Awesome graphics, multiple levels, decently increasing difficulty. If the 7800's library was filled with games of this calibre, Atari may have been singing a different tune. I had friends who used to guffaw and claim that the 7800 was "way behind the NES in power". I'd show them this, TOWER TOPPLER and BALL BLAZER when they said that. They shut up pretty fast.

Thanks to everyone for responding; much appreciated!!

Unless I'm reading your comments wrong, seems that you feel most of the games I listed are more for collecting purposes than playing, with the possible exception of Alien Brigade. I'll keep watching those auctions and see how they go.

Thanks again!

Mendon

Planet Smashers

Fatal Run

Basketbrawl

Motor Psycho

Super Skateboardin

F-18 Hornet

Alien Brigade

I like Planet Smashers, it's not bad at all, although it's one that I guess I forget to play. Not crazy about Fatal Run. I kinda like Basketbrawl although it's not a great game. Not crazy abotu Motor Psycho. Super Skateboardin is too easy. Never messed with F18 hornet much, I'm not crazy about flying games. Alien Brigade is a lot of fun.

I don't think Basketbrawl for the 7800 is too much like the Lynx version, although it has been a really long time since I played the Lynx game.

Eric

Planet Smashers Excellent retro shootem up. Essential

Fatal Run post apocolyptic racing game. Very easy completed it on the first play

Basketbrawl played it once not my cup of tea

Motor Psycho reminds me of pole postion but on a bike...ok

Super Skateboardin not played

F-18 Hornet not played

Alien Brigade Excellent shooter :wink:

To answer some of your questions about Frank Polosky he is a dealer in classic games and has been doing so for over 10 years now. In fact he is the most honest person I ever dealt with when buying classic games. He will give you not only a fair price but hes fast you'll usually get your order 2 weeks after you send him the cash.

What I reccomend is write him with your want list or at least find out what it cost for this newsletter/catalog he publishes. Be sure to use a SASE thats self addressed stamped envelope when writting him for the first time.

The main reason you'll get your answer back faster.

Planet Smashers - average

Fatal Run - average

Basketbrawl - not played

Motor Psycho - average

Super Skateboardin - not played

F-18 Hornet - not played

Alien Brigade - possibly the best game on 7800 in my opinion

So Alien Bigade is really the one to get for playing.

Planet Smashers - average  

Fatal Run - average

Basketbrawl - not played

Motor Psycho - average

Super Skateboardin - not played

F-18 Hornet - not played

Alien Brigade - possibly the best game on 7800 in my opinion

So Alien Bigade is really the one to get for playing.

Id have to say fatal run is one of my fave 7800 games even though lots of other people think its not :P just the fact that u can shoot at cars and buy parts.......yea ill leave now :roll: