IGNORED

Moving the Jag Kiosk?

JagWarlord

Whats the best way to move this thing? In one whole piece or taking the top plastic part off? There is only 1 other person helping me with moving it.

There is only 4 bolts holding the plastic part to the base...is that correct???

This thing is in mint condition and I dont want anything to happen to it durning the moving. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

Whats the best way to move this thing? In one whole piece or taking the top plastic part off? There is only 1 other person helping me with moving it.

Hey JagWarlord!

When I moved mine, I left it in one piece. I used a two wheeled dolly with the kiosk resting against several thick moving blankets. (underneath and behind) It worked out well and the ability to lean it over helped getting it in through the door. That upper fiberglass part is a little wide so the dolly also helped ease the torture of working it through.

You may not even have to worry about the "working it through" part if it's seperated, but mine was extremely top heavy so I would have used a dolly anyway.

There is only 4 bolts holding the plastic part to the base...is that correct???

This thing is in mint condition and I dont want anything to happen to it durning the moving. Any suggestions would help.

Yep, there's only four bolts to mess with. Good luck. :)

EDIT: I guess that should read "easing it through" instead. Sounds like I smashed it all up or something. :D

Thanks for the pointers Saturn :)  

Unfortunley the dolly wont work because its in the guys basement with no exit except going upstairs.

You're welcome, man. Actually I should have said "ease it through" before. After rereading it, it sounds like I smashed it all up or something. :D

Anyway, if it's down in a basement, I'd definitely seperate it. If you and the other person can pack that top part out, you'll be in the clear. That bottom's gonna be a cinch. ;)

There'll be pics, right? :D :D :D

Anyway, if it's down in a basement, I'd definitely seperate it. If you and the other person can pack that top part out, you'll be in the clear. That bottom's gonna be a cinch. ;)

Yeah I think by seperating it is the safest way. Thanks

There'll be pics, right?

U bet! :) If all goes well(figures crossed) i'll post some pics satuday night

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lust:  

(I love doing that ^ ;) )

It looks awesome! How were those stairs? LOL!

Me and anoth dude carried the whole kiosk up the stairs in one peice :)

Of course I got the heavy end! :D

The condition of the kiosk is excellent. It has never been in a retail store.

The guy bought it new in 95 and has had it ever since, only been shipped once. Even has the Atari monitor.

I cant stop playing this thing!!! I gotta go! :D 8)

LOL! But who had to walk backwards up the stairs? ;)

Man, it sounds like you've got THE sweetest kiosk around. That guy must've kept it in cherry condition.

Niiice! :thumbsup:

LOL! But who had to walk backwards up the stairs? ;)

Man, it sounds like you've got THE sweetest kiosk around. That guy must've kept it in cherry condition.

Niiice! :thumbsup:

I had to walk backwards up the stairs too!! :x :D :D

I was dieing....

Very cool JW. Glad to hear you finally landed one of these (now you'll stop bugging me about my other one....hahaha...)

It looks like Blue Lightning is the game in the pamphlets on the sides? Is that correct (my vision is always questionable). That's the first time I've seen Blue Lightning. What makes it extra cool is it is the first CD game for the Jag.....Coolness...

Later.

Jason

Very cool JW.  Glad to hear you finally landed one of these (now you'll stop bugging me about my other one....hahaha...)

It looks like Blue Lightning is the game in the pamphlets on the sides?  Is that correct (my vision is always questionable).  That's the first time I've seen Blue Lightning.  What makes it extra cool is it is the first CD game for the Jag.....Coolness...

Later.

Jason

Thanks Jay!

Yup, thats Blue Lighting on the top right. Ive never seen Blue Lighting pamphlets on a kiosk either. I thought all the kiosks had the same pamphlets...weird.

Very cool JW.  Glad to hear you finally landed one of these (now you'll stop bugging me about my other one....hahaha...)

It looks like Blue Lightning is the game in the pamphlets on the sides?  Is that correct (my vision is always questionable).  That's the first time I've seen Blue Lightning.  What makes it extra cool is it is the first CD game for the Jag.....Coolness...

Later.

Jason

Thanks Jay!

Yup, thats Blue Lighting on the top right. Ive never seen Blue Lighting pamphlets on a kiosk either. I thought all the kiosks had the same pamphlets...weird.

One of mine has the Tempest 2000 pamphlets and my other one has the picture cards of various games. That's the first BL I've ever seen though. Anyone else?

Jason

I've got Primal Rage, Jaguar CD and Jaguar 64 Bit but no Blue lightning or T2K.

I've seen full color pics in people's kiosks. (namely jaysmith2000 and K3V ;) ) Is it the obvious choice, an extra game box cut to fit?

Or is there some other method to having/creating these? :)

The originals mine came with are Dino Dudes, Raiden, Trevor McFur and Cybermorph. The bottom two panels have hardware specs of the Jaguar itself. Most likely mine was a very early kiosk since it has the launch games on it.

I had made some other inserts of the more recently-released games (BattleSphere, Soccer Kid, Hyper Force and Protector), which was simply a matter of scanning the boxes, reducing to the correct size, and printing them out. About a week ago I put the orignals back in, though, since I'm trying to restore this baby :)

-Kevin

...which was simply a matter of scanning the boxes, reducing to the correct size, and printing them out.

Cool. I didn't know if they were original or what. They didn't look like full sized box covers, either so I wasn't sure.

I've got a "virgin" Scatbox box on it's way (to become an insert.) I wanted a BattleSphere box too, but there weren't any extras I could snag.

Maybe I'll just leave it as is. :ponder:

The originals mine came with are Dino Dudes, Raiden, Trevor McFur and Cybermorph. The bottom two panels have hardware specs of the Jaguar itself. Most likely mine was a very early kiosk since it has the launch games on it.

I had made some other inserts of the more recently-released games (BattleSphere, Soccer Kid, Hyper Force and Protector), which was simply a matter of scanning the boxes, reducing to the correct size, and printing them out. About a week ago I put the orignals back in, though, since I'm trying to restore this baby :)

-Kevin

My one-player is the same, with the release games. I like the looks of it with the release games on it. :)

Jason