IGNORED

Stupid reviews.

Rocko

Yeah, I've often found myself plugging in shadow of the beast into my 400Watt stereo system and just letting the music play. Lets face it i got stuck so i rarely play it too much. However, this is tons of fun with lots of games. My favorite is Rampage. The effect of 2 - 12 inch subs makes it seem like the buildings really are coming down around you. Plus i love the title music.

• 3 weeks later...

..Has to be said though, even though Batman was written in 1992, it was still pretty shite. :D

Just compare it to previous Lynx classics like Slimeworld or Xenophone....

And I remember playing fantastic sideways scrolling action games on my 8-bit home PC in the 1980's (remember "Gryzor" or "Renegade" on the 8-bit PC's like the Spectrum , Amstrad and C64? Or Hewson's "Nebulous"... hmm... :) ..and Codemasters' "Dizzy" series..)?

Many of the later Lynx games were very disappointing IMHO. Of course there were the ocassional exceptions, like Warbirds, and Lemmings, and much of the stuff from Handmade Software. :)

And Steel Talons isn't that bad either. But on the whole the later games just do not feel as polished as first couple of years' titles... like Slimeworld, Xenophobe, California Games, Chips Challenge, Gauntlet, Klax, Checkered Flag, Rygar, Roadblasters etc.

It may just be an impression of course. But even if the early games disappointed they still felt like something that was worked at, or even crafted.

I still haven't gotten past the first level in Batman and simply have no ambition too... I was trying out Switchblade 2, and thats pretty poor too (better than Batman though).

And I just tried out World Class Soccer on the "Handy" emulator and couldn't believe quite how bad it was. What's the frame rate on that meant to be? ;)