IGNORED

XBOX wanted.

mark

Im looking for an xbox made before I think May,03. Must be complete but don't want any games. Must be in good working order.

This box will be modified.

PM me with price. I need one soon. If I don't get a reply within a few days i'll resort to ebay.

Whats the big deal with the date? I saw VB posted something similar just a few weeks before? Is that the only versions that can be modded? Or is it a different process now? I think there was a website that does this, and they can buy an X-box, mod, and send to you. Seemed easy enough, but now I'm curious about the date thing.

May is pretty much the safe date right now for modding. Some changes have been made to the boards and video output set. Newer chips are available right now though that make it possible to do newer ones as well as the software needed. But I always had to wonder, why buy a new one when you're just gonna void the warranty and rip it open anyways :?

May is pretty much the safe date right now for modding. Some changes have been made to the boards and video output set. Newer chips are available right now though that make it possible to do newer ones as well as the software needed. But I always had to wonder, why buy a new one when you're just gonna void the warranty and rip it open anyways :?

OIC, I guess you can still buy X-box systems dated in May then? At retail stores?

I was reading somewhere awhile back, they mentioned how you should go about returning them once you break them with a sh!ty mod. :| There was a mini-FAQ about it, and what various retail establishments check for. That may be one reason to buy new, just for a return warranty if you break it. I don't condone this behavior, this was jsut what I read somewhere!

Yea old ones can still be found in stores but now with the Holidays here, I think it would be harder to get one. I love looking on Ebay and seeing ones described as "not working, it frags and has been opened". Gee somebody can't solder for shit so let's pass it on to someone else :!: They act as if this is normal :?

Now me? If I screwed one up, I'd wanna keep it for parts :D