IGNORED

Reasonable price for a Jaguar CD unit?

Megamaniac

What is a reasonable price to pay for a Jaguar CD unit?

It seems like game systems that are no longer sold are normally cheap but it seems every time I look for a CD player for my Jag it seems high. I really want to play Dragon's Lair as that was an old favorite of mine. Any thoughts out there?

You can sometimes find them cheap, if your patient. Sometimes sellers list thier Jaguar cd system's as non-working. Usually its just the cd spinner thats stuck. All it needs is a little tug to loosen it up and you have got yourself a very cheap working Jag cd. I have gotten lucky 3 times with non-working Jag cd systems off ebay :)

I found the best way to get a Jag CD cheap is to go ahead and buy a whole big system lot that includes the CD, Base Unit, and games. Then go back and resell everything except for the CD on Ebay to get your money back. Sometimes you will get the CD for free after this, or even make a couple of bucks.

Yea.. over a year ago (about 18 months)

I won a Jaguar lot which had both Jag and Jag CD with 2 controllers

and 4 games with a BIN of $119... both included boxes and was shipped for a total of $138 (awesome price!)

I just got lucky and the seller was either just wanting to sell quickly or

didn't know the real value.

Normally I would say $90 is a fair price for JagCD

Clint Thompson

That type of deal is typical of bundles. People will fork over 250+ for a single copy of Battlesphere, 50+ for Defender 2000, 30+ for AVP, etc, but bundles almost always go for cheaper, unless you get into a bidding war. I think people just don't have the cash to get the bundles. When I was serious collecting I started with a 1000 bucks and bought tons of bundles, took out the games I was looking for, resold everything on eBay and made money and almost had a complete collection. It was alot of work though managing all those auctions and shipping all that crap, plus having to deal with all my little stupid mistakes, but buying bundles and reselling is an excellent way to build your collection or find those rare gems for next to nothing, you just have to do a little work.

Is it that the CD units are hard to find or nobody is parting with them? Thanks for the suggestions, I had begun to wonder if I'd be better off buying the whole system then turning around and selling. I can see where the 2600 collectors market is alive and well...can the same be said for the JAG?

The bundles with the Jag CD are usually large collections and can be the best deal unless you get into a bidding war. They are rare. You are more likely to see a base unit plus 4-8 games and those are the best deals if you are just trying to fill in the basic titles.

I actually have a Jag CD that is going to be for sale but unfortunately I am going straight to eBay with it (money reasons). I am going to be a nice Atari Communitarian though and offer the rest of my rare stuff here first to the Jaguar loyal. I have already got rid of the rarest of the rare but I still have some gems left.

BTW: Anyone here, who knows the output data from the JagCD Powersupply? The PSs are not included in this package - the seller hadn't found them.

Exactly the same as the Jag. Just buy another (official!) one and it'll work fine.

While I would normally suggest just grabbing a $5 universal PSU the JagCD isn't something you want to accidentally make a paperweight out of ;)

Stone