IGNORED

TOTAL CARNAGE!!!

Saturn

Holy crap! :lust:

A week ago I never thought I'd see this game in action let alone OWN it!!! But now, thanks to Punisher, this baby is getting more than it's share of extended play. 8) IT'S AWESOME! :D :D :D

I'd been playing the arcade version for a while- wondering what the (until now) unobtainable Jag version would look like and I must say, the Jag version kicks ass!!! I took some pics of the title screen and in-game action. I can't imagine how diificult it would've been to use the keypad for firing, but this is the one that uses the B button and it's incredible!

Thanks a million Punisher!!! :thumbsup: :party:

This won't be forgotten... 8)

post-2188-1070331054_thumb.jpg

post-2188-1070331055_thumb.jpg

post-2188-1070331056_thumb.jpg

post-2188-1070331057_thumb.jpg

did you buy it from punisher?

Yep, sure did :D

How complete is the game in its current form?

I'm not sure. It looks complete, but I haven't made it very far yet. It has a SWEET continue option (endless?). I keep stopping to check here and instead of pausing, I keep turning it off. :dunce: I'm a little scatterbrained right now. :D :D

Have you played it with 2 people yet?

No, not yet. :(

*looks at watch*

DOH! Where's the little wife :love: ? She should be here any minute. :D :D :D

I just noticed it was playing in your kiosk :)  

Yeah! I wanted to play it in the kiosk first. 8)

Now thier is a kick ass set up! 8)

Thanks, man. It looks like the kiosk was made for this game!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Two thumbs up 8)

Some WICKED things I've noticed so far is the electrcution to death when you're shot by an enemy.

Also, when the baddies (or even the player ;) ) get roasted to a crisp! Now, that's cool! The graphics are spot on when this happens. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Other coolness is when you step on a mine and it blows a massive hole in your chest as you fly upwards toward the camera... AWESOME! :lust: And the way the enemies beat the crap outta you with their gun butts if you let them get too close. :D I had a pile of 'em wailing away on me at once! 8)

The vehicles are huge and very nicely done along with everything else! This game rocks! 8)

Congrats Saturn!

I've said it time and again that this is by far my favorite "cartridge" prototype out for the Jag.  The game is a BLAST!  Great job acquiring it....

Thanks, man!

I knew this game was going to be killer, I just knew it! I had no idea how awesome and complete looking (from what I've seen so far) it would be. I can't play enough. Damn! It looks like one long night ahead. 8) I haven't been this excited since March when I scored my kiosk! :D

Congrats Saturn!

I've said it time and again that this is by far my favorite "cartridge" prototype out for the Jag.  The game is a BLAST!  Great job acquiring it....

Thanks, man!

I knew this game was going to be killer, I just knew it! I had no idea how awesome and complete looking (from what I've seen so far) it would be. I can't play enough. Damn! It looks like one long night ahead. 8) I haven't been this excited since March when I scored my kiosk! :D

Don't stay up too late, unless you don't have to work tomorrow! That's awesome, I remember trying FOREVER to get this proto and when I finally landed it I couldn't stop playing. RAD!

Jason

I'm interested to know how many bosses you find and if you can get into the pleasure domes at the end. The version I played did not have two players and I could not get enough keys to get into the Pleasure Domes. Playing with the keypad was awesome! I would equate it to an xBox control. There were other glitches I noticed as well, but I'm an artist. Most people wouldn't be so critical. ; )

It's a damn shame this did not make it to the market.  It looks kick ass!

I agree! It's awesome and would have done a lot for the Jag. :D

Don't stay up too late, unless you don't have to work tomorrow!  That's awesome, I remember trying FOREVER to get this proto and when I finally landed it I couldn't stop playing.  RAD!

Hell yeah! :D

I do have to work, though. :sad:

*yawn*

I could always pull another sick day and play while the excitement is at it's peak. :ponder:

Too much to do, though :(

I'm interested to know how many bosses you find and if you can get into the pleasure domes at the end.

Cool, I'll try to let you know as it happens. ;)

How does it compare to the PC version ?

Sorry Pocket, I don't know. I was playing the MAME version earlier. :)

So how does it compare to the Arcade version ? ;)

Heh, oops. Why didn't I answer that earlier? :ponder:

Well, the arcade version looks and sounds better, but without MAME or owning the upright, I don't think there'd be a more fun version.

My vote goes to the Jag. :D

Don't stay up too late, unless you don't have to work tomorrow!

LOL!

Well, I ended up skipping out of work anyway. :D

Haha, the Jag has cost me more sick days than I can count. :thumbsup:

I just found out that the continues aren't unlimited. I'll have to count how many times it's available... 8)

Congrats Saturn!! A fantastic addition to your great collection and makes me even more envious of you. You ever get bored with it (like maybe by this weekend), shoot me a PM :D

Only game I ever used a sick day for was Adventure when I first got it; could not stop playing it! So I can relate to you missing work to play something you enjoy so much.

Mendon

Congrats Saturn!! A fantastic addition to your great collection and makes me even more envious of you. You ever get bored with it (like maybe by this weekend), shoot me a PM  :D

Will do :D and thanks for the compliment. 8)

Just finished playing several more games. Man, you have to be quick on your toes to avoid the baddies when your trapped in a "Total Carnage" free for all! Enemies pouring on screen from all sides :o . It's a blast! I've managed to uncover a couple safe spots in two different carnage battles. If I can memorize how to pre-angle my shooting directions for mounted guns, I should be able to advance a lot further.(these mounted guns are located - so far- in the scrolling parts of the game.)

I need a copy of this game, I love Smash TV and Total Carnage.  :D  Looks fantastic, thanks for posting the screenshots and description!!

..Al

You're most welcome. 8)

Nice avatar!!! :lust:

Ahem, so does anyone know what it would take to get this baby released- legally? I'm sure countless people have already tried and by the looks of things, it was sorely unsuccessful. There's got to be some way to get it released. It's too good to have a few alpha and beta versions floating around or only in the hands of collectors. I for one don't want to just sit on this and not do every thing possible to get it out. Anyone have any ideas or info that could spark a lead on getting it released? 8)

Carl Forhan of Songbird Productions contacts Midway time and again concerning Total Carnage for Jaguar. Your best bet to get it released would be through him, as he's already had a history of publishing games, like Skyhammer, that had been in development but had not been officially released while the Jag was on the market.

Carl Forhan of Songbird Productions contacts Midway time and again concerning Total Carnage for Jaguar. Your best bet to get it released would be through him, as he's already had a history of publishing games, like Skyhammer, that had been in development but had not been officially released while the Jag was on the market.

Ah, thanks for the heads up.

Well, I'm sure Mr. Forhan has done everything possible so maybe I'll just send him a PM to let him know I'll help in any way possible. :)

Songbird rules 8)