IGNORED

Game Axe system?

Anybody know anything about these?

I guess it's like a gameboy, but it plays the NES carts instead....anybody have one of these? I'm guessing it's a pirate.

There are a few of them on Ebay right now, and I kind of want one, but I want to see if anyone has had any experiences with this thing-a-ma-bob.

Thanks.

It's an unofficial Famicom (Japan NES) system. It can however, play US NES games by way of a convertor, but keep in mind that NES games are taller than Japan games, so it's a bit unweildy.

These have actually been around for far longer than most people think. Problem is, they're pretty fragile and the screen is poor (passive matrix, I believe) and prone to ghosting and blurring.

You can add an external controller, but it must be the specific Game Axe model. In all honesty, these really aren't worth the money. You'd be better served simply buying yourself a Lynx, GBA, or a Pocket PC with a NES emulator.

I went and looked up on the net I found a place to buy them I would like to know more about this myself .  :D  

http://www.buyritegames.com/product_information.asp?number=NES-GAMEAX&back=yes&dept=1121&last=1075

I urge you NOT to buy from buyrite. These guys are notoriously bad sellers. Check this site before purchasing anything from them:

www.boycottbuyritegames.com

Buyrite is shit, stay away from them.

Also, the Gameaxe is shit too, I'm not suprised in the least that Buyrite sells these. Seriously, there is absolutely no reason to get one of these things, there are far better and cheaper options for handhelds. My goodness, I remember years ago when the Gameaxe first emerged, some guy was selling them on Ebay for $125 a pop, that must have been at least 5 years ago. Everything I've read about them is crap, the carts don't lock in, they wobble...the screen is horrible, like a color version of the first gameboy screens...bad bad bad..Grab a Lynx instead.

Yeah, I read that. I'm not stupid enough to get busted for... shit, I just forgot what it was called. Brandishing a weapon... I forget the name of the charge. I need to heal up that brain damage ASAP. Meh...

Anyway, if I did anything, I'd dynamite the place at 4AM. It's so crazy, it just might work. Either that, or brick all of the entrances up.

You don't have to show up with a baseball bat, you just have to do little things to the store every once in a while. Like dropping by in the middle of the night and putting superglue in their locks so they can't open the store. Or paint all the parking spaces in front of the store as handicapped. If you want to do something really big, then steal the manager's car, take it to a junkyard, have it crushed into a cube, and then have a towtruck set it back into it's old parking space. Take the license plate off before crushing it, then bolt them onto the cube so he knows it's his car.

• 2 weeks later...