IGNORED

Spike TV Game Awards 12/4/03

You mean 12/4/03? Not 4/4/03 or 4/4/04? 12/4/03.

They make it out to include classic games as well. But I'm getting a sneaking suspicion it'll cover mostly shitty newer games instead. Completely forgetting the older good games.

What? Ok.. where? I dunno.

What I want to know is this:

2003 Atariage hosts the first annual Stan Awards for Atari Achievement.

2004 Spike TV hosts the first Video Game Awards.

Coincidence or HAVE I BEEN RIPPED OFF??? :x :x :x :x :D

Oh, and do we care, no. Looks to be more of Spike TV's sophmoric nonsense. And I take great offense to the use of classic gaming images to promote an awards show for Grand Theft Auto. :x :x :x :x

i dont' think there'll be anything classic about it (other than the eyecatches they've created), heck, they're even going to feature a raw vs smackdown wrestling match during it, so who knows what all's going on...(they're pimping it as the anti-awards show awards show, no acceptance speeches,etc, 'just the winners' or somesuch)...

gavv

update on misc aspects of the VGAwards show...:

--The Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio match was actually taped last night live at the Video Games Awards in Las Vegas, which air Thursday night at 9 p.m. on Spike TV. The WWE segments will be airing after 10 p.m. so as not to compete with Smackdown. The show was at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas with more than 5,000 people there. Al Snow and Jonathan Coachman did the announcing. Jenna Jameson was the ring announcer for both of the matches. The way it was described to me, Jericho and Mysterio put on an okay segment ending with Rey diving on Jericho outside the ring. Trish Stratus and Victoria ran in and immediately pulled off each others' shirts and wrestled in their bras, ending when Stratus pinned Victoria. The crowd liked it. Show itself was said to be overall pretty raunchy with Spade and Funkmaster Flex. (thanks to Tom Blattler)

--WWE Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain was awarded the "Best Fighting Game" at the taping.

I might want to watch it. But I imagine by 'classic' they mean came out last year, or earlier this year. Not actual classics. I'd shit my pants if they started giving props to games like Ms Pac-Man, Gravitar, Berzerk, etc, you know, real classic stuff.

I won't be able to watch it aired. I'll only get to watch it through tape which I'll record the show.

I'll watch as much as I can stand. But if it's just gonna be dominated by the PlayStation, screw it. You know it will. PS2 and Wrestling. Bah.

I have no problem with wrestling. It's just that it doesnt' make sense to have the WWE do a work at a video games award show...despite the fact that the new SmackDown game is really good (and it is!).

I don't like SpikeTV because whoever came up with the name, should be shot in an open field.

I don't like SpikeTV because whoever came up with the name, should be shot in an open field.

Well it's better than being called "TNN" which was "The National Network" which was before that was "The Nashville Network" aka country music and television .. which bit the big one!

OTOH: Women have Oxygen network full of touchy feely programming. Who came up with that name? At least they didn't name the men's network IronTV or some other element .. :D

At lease at SpikeTV I can catch Blind Date! :D

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Apparently they've announced the winners already and it's certainly pretty bland.

Do NOT click this link unless you want to see the winners before watching it on TV tonight

I agree that if I click this link I will not hold maibock(or those associated with maibock, accountable for my actions. I realize that the following link that I'm clicking will lead me to the winners of this awards show.

:ponder:

Well, that was utterly predictable and underwhelming. Certainly no need to watch this monstrosity. What a waste of time. I'm surprised MTV didn't pick up this piece of trash. Its on par with their lowest common denominator, pop-culture, capitalism-driven tripe. :roll: :roll: :roll:

ugh. I HIGHLY recommend that you busy yourselves preparing for the 2003 Stan Awards instead. (I certainly hope this VGA flop doesn't reflect poorly on my awards! :D :D :D :D :D :D )

Well it's better than being called "TNN" which was "The National Network" which was before that was "The Nashville Network" aka country music and television .. which bit the big one!

OTOH: Women have Oxygen network full of touchy feely programming. Who came up with that name? At least they didn't name the men's network IronTV or some other element .. :D

Spike has two of the best shows on television...

The JOe Schmoe Show

Most Extreme Elimination Challenege

Both of which have not yet been picked up for a second season.

Spike has two of the best shows on television...

The JOe Schmoe Show

Most Extreme Elimination Challenege

Both of which have not yet been picked up for a second season.

Not quite sure you could do a Joe Shmoe Show again, because of the publicity, but then again I didn't think they could do another Joe Millionaire either. I agree, Joe Shmoe was certainly a unique and surprisingly addictive show.