IGNORED

BMX Airmaster - Help with identification

Xevious

I now have CIB BMX Airmaster (Atari label etc) in my posession, in excellent condition.

I am fairly sure it is PAL, as I got it from Australia, what is the general concensus on the PAL rarity?

I am interested to know how a number is assigned to this, as I have never seen one in this condition for a long time.

It is the red Atari label.  I am more curious as to how people will arrive at a number.  I am hoping it is not spurious grabbing one out of the air.

I need an explanation why the PAL Atari one is nowhere near a 10.

Yes, it is a Red Label. There are five ultra-rare NTSC games made by Atari that are nowhere near as rare in PAL format:

BMX Airmaster

Motorodeo

Ikari Warriors

Asterix

Obelix

There are many third party carts as well.

Yes, it is a Red Label.  There are five ultra-rare NTSC games made by Atari that are nowhere near as rare in PAL format:

BMX Airmaster

Motorodeo

Ikari Warriors

Asterix

Obelix

Yes, I am aware of this, but I am trying to research the rarity value of the PAL BMX in particular. Although the PAL releases are not as well represented on this site, I am curious how people arrive at a figure for European titles, since there is no definitive PAL guide, it seems.

Yes, it is a Red Label.  There are five ultra-rare NTSC games made by Atari that are nowhere near as rare in PAL format:

BMX Airmaster

Motorodeo

Ikari Warriors

Asterix

Obelix

Yes, I am aware of this, but I am trying to research the rarity value of the PAL BMX in particular. Although the PAL releases are not as well represented on this site, I am curious how people arrive at a figure for European titles, since there is no definitive PAL guide, it seems.

Im under the opinion that the majority of carts are close to being the same for pal and ntsc. But, i have seen 3 red label bmx's on australian ebay in the last 3 months, 2 of which where boxed. Are there more PAL countries then NTSC? Given that jap ntsc is different?

I believe that there are only a few that stick out as more common and BMX is one of them followed closely by asterix.

Oh, have only seen 1 fatal run,,,,,,,,,,,

• 2 weeks later...

Just my 2 cents....

Getting a red label PAL BMX Airmaster is not easy at all... I reckon the rarity is about 6 or so. I got mine in a lot which I paid a reasonable amount for (especially after shipping!) but I also wanted the red label Missile Command in the lot.

It appears it only came out in Australia, at least, that's where I've seen them all, yet still the TNT version outstrips the Atari label by about 10 to 1 I reckon.

For sure, though, it's *not* common, it's just not as rare as the NTSC version.

I have added photos to ask for clarification, that it is PAL. I don't have any old TV's lying around or NTSC consoles to test the theory. Maybe the number on the back of the manual will help?

I wouldn't want to kick myself for having an NTSC version, and me thinking it was PAL all along. It's for my own peace of mind. ;)

Click:-

BACK OF BOX

END LABEL

BACK OF MANUAL

CART