IGNORED

Castle Crisis - Now taking orders!

Bryan

Hello,

I'm announcing the upcoming release of Castle Crisis for the A8. The game is in the final testing stages and should be ready to ship next week. Please see this thread for more info on the upcoming 5200 version:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39138

The A8 cartridge will sell for $25+$3 s/h (in the US) through the end of the year.

Attached is a picture of the prototype 32K cart and the final beta ROM image (32K XE-banked cart).

-Bry

I am now taking orders for the game. For the rest of the month, the price is $25+$3 s/h. To order by PalPal, send payment to: brybay@tsdesigns.us, or mail payment to:

Bryan Edewaard

4368 SE Hamilton Lane

Stuart, FL 34997

ccbeta.zip

post-3606-1070476162_thumb.jpg

I just tried the game on Atari800WinPLus.

Oh my, this is great :!: Is that AI I see or do I just suck at this game?

I like how you used the black/gray background for those ANTIC 4 fonts.

This is a must have. Now if I can find 4 A8'ers to play this with. Is it network enabled?

Oh my, this is great  :!:  Is that AI I see or do I just suck at this game?

Thanks!

It gets easier once you learn how the enemies operate. Basically, when they speed up from being hit, letting them get a hit on you usually slows them back down. Try to time your spinner hits right after they slow down, or when they're distracted by another fireball.

This is exactly how the arcade game does it. :)

I like how you used the black/gray background for those ANTIC 4 fonts.

It's obvious in the emulator, but on a TV/monitor it looks smoother.

This is a must have. Now if I can find 4 A8'ers to play this with. Is it network enabled?

Nope. I don't even know how I'd go about doing that.

-Bry

Nope. I don't even know how I'd go about doing that.

Me either...seems like a job for the ever quiet A8 mailing list. :roll:

It'd be interesting to find out how this is done. I know you're planning on releasing this soon so it may be too late for your game but it would make for an interesting read.

BTW, if I hadn't voiced my opinion enough...GREAT JOB :!:

Fantastic news!! So happy to hear that you are releasing the game for the 8bits!!

Questions: Is the game being sold thru you or thru the AA store? Are you taking a list of pre-order names now? If you are taking a list of names, I'd like to get on the list as I'm buying one as soon as they are available.

Thanks much for working on and releasing this game, Bryede!!

Mendon

Questions: Is the game being sold thru you or thru the AA store? Are you taking a list of pre-order names now? If you are taking a list of names, I'd like to get on the list as I'm buying one as soon as they are available.

I'm doing the A8 version myself. My first run will be 50 carts, so there shouldn't be an problem there. I was thinking of numbering & signing the 1st 10 carts, so I can put you down for #4 if you wish.

Thanks much for working on and releasing this game, Bryede!!

Mendon

You're welcome. It's as much for me as anybody. :)

-Bry

Here's a pic of some friends and relatives playing at my family reunion this past week. I'm in the striped shirt (note my brown painted XL).

post-3606-1070491558_thumb.jpg

I'm doing the A8 version myself. My first run will be 50 carts, so there shouldn't be an problem there. I was thinking of numbering & signing the 1st 10 carts, so I can put you down for #4 if you wish.

Thanks and put me down for #4, please. As soon as you want, I'll PayPal or MO you the amount due, whichever method you prefer.

Can't wait to get the game and Thanks again!!

Mendon

I'll keep adding people to that list as they request it.

Another interesting detail in the game is that the arcade LEDs are supported (the ones inside the buttons). The 1200XL's L1 and L2 are used for the lower 2 players, and all 4 LEDs can be hooked up using pins 1 & 2 of each joystick port (the pins go low when the LED is on). Since the 6520PIA doesn't have much current capability, you'll need to buffer those pins before driving an LED (either with logic or a driver transistor). I guess I was just thinking that since it's a (relatively) painless addition, I might as well make it possible to build a controller (or even a cabinet) with a flashing LED for each player.

There is a screen saver mode if you leave the game alone for about 10 mins.

The space-bar pauses the game.

SELECT chooses the length of a Deathmatch. The default is 1 round, but you can play until a player has 5,10,15 or 20 wins. This makes it more like the 2600 version.

-Bry

You should be able to drag it into A800W+ and select 32K XEGS Cart.

You might want to convert it to a CAR file to make it easier for people using Atari800WinPLus to try it out. I tried to convert it using my emulator but it crashes. I don't know if it's because I'm using old WinNT though. It might be a problem with the emulator.

Dennis .. we gotta get some guys together and play this game!

:D You're reading my mind Rob :!: That would be so cool. Maybe this could redeem me from the pitiful Indy500 score I got.

Well, phoey. I can't get the .bin to do anything in Atari800Win Plus 4.0... Are there some special settings needed?  :ponder:

I think that the 4.0beta is still buggy with collision detection problems especially. So try using an earlier version like 3.1 which should run the bin with no problems.

I suffer from a lack of Warlords experience .. having only played the 2600 version in one player mode.  How does this version compare to the 2600 one and the arcade one?

This version is almost identical to the arcade version which makes it somewhat different from the 2600 version (in good ways, though, since the 2600 version is stripped down).

Woohoo! My PCB's are here!

-Bry

post-3606-1070550799_thumb.jpg