IGNORED

Collector or gamer

MidnightSun

This is the only system I had as a child and so it has a lot of sentimental value. I just recently started using my old 2600 woody system again. I have it hooked up to a nice 32" flat screen TV with sound going through my home theater system. I have started collecting the games I lost when I was a kid as well as the ones I played at other peoples houses, regardless of the play value, simply for the memories. Also I am collecting all the best games I didn't have growing up. I enjoy both aspects, and I still to this day have never obtained another system. I guess you could call me a purist. :roll: Right now I have 54 games and when I obtain all the ones I desire I will have about 90 total. I am not interested in all the crappy games I never even played.

I know how you feel thund3r I can't keep new games sealed either. I love the smell of a fresh cart! :D

Right now I have 54 games and when I obtain all the ones I desire I will have about 90 total.  I am not interested in all the crappy games I never even played.

Aww come on what's wrong with having about 91 total? or 92? or...... Surely a few more wouldn't hurt. ;)

Yeah, this is a case like I mentioned in an earlier thread. You (egeorge) may THINK you're not interested in collecting other stuff right now... but just wait. You'll be surprised how much your interest will evolve (devolve?) the more obsessed you get with the hobby!

I'm just the opposite of RCmodeler. I tried to play Atari with an emulator a couple of years ago and I didn't have fun at all. I need the tactile feel of an old joystick or paddle, inserting and removing carts and playing on the living room floor. It's the entire experience, not just the game for me.

I'm just the opposite of RCmodeler.  I tried to play Atari with an emulator a couple of years ago and I didn't have fun at all.  I need the tactile feel of an old joystick or paddle, inserting and removing carts and playing on the living room floor.  It's the entire experience, not just the game for me.

You're 100% right. Playing Atari games on a clear computer monitor with a PC pad just isn't the same.

Gotta have the CX-40 joystick and the TV in order to do the 2600 games justice. I wouldn't have it any other way.

The only time I use an emulator is to try out an obscure rarity that I'm considering buying, or to test out some of the cart variations. I don't really do any serious 2600 gaming via emulation.

Out of curiousity, does TwinGalaxies keep track of records for console games (i:e- Atari 2600) ?

I was wondering if you had an entry for an obscure game called Spitfire Attack. I hope to someday attempt to roll this game though it gets very difficult after a certain amount of points.

Out of curiousity, does TwinGalaxies keep track of records for console games (i:e- Atari 2600) ?  

I was wondering if you had an entry for an obscure game called Spitfire Attack. I hope to someday attempt to roll this game though it gets very difficult after a certain amount of points.

Absolutely! We track just about every console out there as well as coin-ops and pins.

Head over to http://www.twingalaxies.com and check us out. Use the "Search the Scoreboard" feature to look up platforms and titles. Please keep in mind this dBase is by no means even close to complete. We are in the process of a complete re-write of the site and total re-architecture of the data model, which will allow us to greatly enhance the number of systems and games covered.

To answer your specific question on Spitfire Attack:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/cgi-perl/searc...latformSelect=5

8)