IGNORED

Iron Soldier 2 CD Question

Mendon

Has there been any kind of history of problems playing the IS2 CD?

Reason I ask is because I have two CD units. I've been playing Painter & Highlander on CD #1 with no probs. Got in a mood to play IS2 so I pop'd it in and the game kept crashing on me (game would stop, screen would start to break up into pixels, then go black) right after starting a mission. So, I brought out my spare CD unit and played IS2 on it with no problems at all; finished Mission 1 & 2 with no crashes or lock-ups. Put the game back in CD #1 and it crashed 5min into the game. I put Painter, Highlander, and a music CD in both units and all played with no problems. But CD #1 is having fits with IS2.

So I'm wondering if there might have been any problems with IS2 that people may have experienced or heard about. I've heard of other Telegames games possibly being sort of "picky" and you might have to fool with them to get them to play (like Zero 5; someone said they have to warm up their systems first) but wasn't sure if there were any prob's at all with IS2.

Version of the game I have is the black lable, gold CD; both Jag's are "M" series, CD #1 has a date of 12-95, CD #2 has a date of 11-95.

Thanks in advance.

Mendon

Yes I also have a problem with IS2...IT'S TOO FRIGGEN HARD!!!! :x I swear It took me AWHILE just to pass the first 4 missions. Now I'm on the mission where you have to protect the trucks carrying cargo. OMG I hate that mission. And this is on the easiest setting....Grrrr....Oh sorry I kinda strayed a little. I have never had any problems and I have the same version as you :D

Yes I also have a problem with IS2...IT'S TOO FRIGGEN HARD!!!!  :x   I swear It took me AWHILE just to pass the first 4 missions.  Now I'm on the mission where you have to protect the trucks carrying cargo.  OMG I hate that mission.  And this is on the easiest setting....Grrrr....Oh sorry I kinda strayed a little.  I have never had any problems and I have the same version as you  :D

LOL!

Sorry your system (game?) is acting crazy, Mendon. I haven't had this problem, either. :) (same setup)

I havnt even started playing IS2 yet, tho it will boot at least as far as the intro movie and main menu. My main problem is that IS1 is too damned hard, and Im one of those weird ppl who would prefer to finish the first game before playing a sequal.

HA!!! You think 1 is hard huh....hehe :D

No one else seems to have problems with IS2, just me. Sigh... story of my life.

Just seems strange that one Jag CD unit has trouble with the game and the other doesn't. Might have to go through all my CD games and see if there are any others that either system has trouble with or whether this is just a fluke.

or I could......

put it in a big glass jar and run an eBay "Haunted Jag CD Add-on In A Bottle" auction. Those haunted items seem to go for big money whenever they appear on eBay. All I need do is come up with a very scary and melodramatic description along with some spooky pictures. Maybe one picture showing the CD unit in the jar with the CD lid closed and another with the CD lid open and say something like "The unit has an appetite for human blood and will sometimes react when a human is in close proximity".

Thanks to all for your responses.

Mendon

Well, I played around with IS2 CD some more this morning and from everything I was able to do, it seems its the base unit that doesn't like IS2, not the CD unit.

On Jag/CD #1 I had been able to play Highlander and Painter with no prob's but it IS2 kept crashing. Jag/CD #2 played all 3 CD games okay. So I put CD #1 on Jag #2 and again it played okay. Put CD #2 on System #1 and it crashed again. So for whatever reason, Jag #1 does not like IS2. Both CD units play the game fine on Jag #2.

Is everyone properly confused now??? :D

Still a weird thing that the one Jag doesn't like IS2.

Mendon

Could it be the laser strength?  Wasn't IS2 burned onto cheap CDR's?

Tempest

Only the first batch, which had a yellow printed paper CD label on it. The later releases were pressed with a black screen-printed label, which is what it sounds like Mendon has.