IGNORED

Ji II

Walter_J-64

Sorry, I was kind of involved in at least part of that fight as I had "won" a BS auction for $130 and then I found out that they would only except payment through PayPal and I don't use credit cards and have been burned (enormesly) through electronic transfer in the past, so I got angry and was arguing with them over not excepting a postal money order. I decided, like some of you here had already, that it is just far to much of a hassle to try and get a copy of this game from ScatoLogic. I'm officially moving on and you'll never see me in a flame war over it again. Other than that, I agree with you completely. JI2 used to be my mainstay on the net and now I hardly ever go there because of the flame wars. Now, I go there even less since I'm no longer checking for a chance to get in on some secret auction for this great, but ultimately not worth the effort, game. AtariAge rocks! I love how everyone here gets along and keeps things civil, even if we don't always agree. If anyone wants a hassle, they now have one more BS cart to sell, but you'll have to wade through a TON of BS to get BS.

Thunderdird does goes off the deep end

He don't need to! I've read the it all, I think thay are in the wrong! Like having Secre Auctions thay are playing a game with us J64 users. Its like thay think thay are J64 Gods or something and we are just pee ons!

But I will get my copy if BS, if I have to get it from scraper off of e-bay

Oh, I have Battlesphere, and I think it's better than just 'ok,' which is why I want another copy (or at least 'wanted')to link together. I have Starfighter/Wing Commander on the 3DO, Colony Wars on the PSX, and StarLancer on the DC, but I still feel the A.I. of BS and raw dogfighting aspects are still the best of any of these games, which is why I like it and wanted another to link with, the graphics show their age nest to the new stuff, but these games are all about dogfighting with other space ships and that's where Battlesphere still shines above the rest.

quote:

Originally posted by Gunstar:

Oh, I have Battlesphere, and I think it's better than just 'ok,' which is why I want another copy (or at least 'wanted')to link together.

I can't believe you were getting flamed for wanting another copy of BattleSphere when this is one of the few Jaguar games that can actually supports networking. That whole thread left a really bad taste in my mouth.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

I can't believe you were getting flamed for wanting another copy of BattleSphere when this is one of the few Jaguar games that can actually supports networking. That whole thread left a really bad taste in my mouth.

..Al

That whole board continually leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I guess I'm a glutton for abuse. :P

except for the folks here that occasionally go there, I could count off the good chaps that hang there on one hand. I'm not including the ScatoLOGIC crew in that den of chumps, they are generally pretty decent people, Thunderbird just seems to be sick of it all and probably BSB too, normally they are all right. Even if they're flaming me too. I gave them the what-for after all.

gunstar: Since you have brought it up here, even though you feel it sucks to have to pay by credit card or whatever, the point is from day ONE, they said that was the way you had to pay, so when you bid or whatever for the game, it was your fault for either not reading the payment guidelines or ignoreing them. I think you should be able to at least admit that.

According to tbird on the message board, the payment guidelines were on their site from day one. So unless he is lying, which I doubt he is, yes, they were there. It's fine if gunstar doesn't want to have a credit card, but when someone sells something and they only take a credit card, that's gunstar's problem, not theirs. IMO, gunstar owes them an apology. this will be my last post on the subject.

First off, they did NOT start this from day one. I payed for my first copy of the game by postal money order and at that time they ONLY excepted money orders or checks and absolutley REFUSED to use PayPal, so if that is what T-bird says, he's full of it. Second, this was simply a post on JI2 that said they were having a secret auction via e-mail and did not specify ANYTHING about payment options in that post. I assumed naturally that since they excepted money orders in the past that they would do so again. I haven't been to their website for ages because I now all about the game and the auction had NOTHING to do with the website. If they had actually stated that only Paypal would be excepted on the post about the auction, then I would not have bid. T-bird can be very cool at times, but he can also feed out the BS alot more than they feed out the BS game. It's like he has a double personality that goes from cool to an *sshole ego maniac that is full of himself. In other words, he's cool if you don't get on his bad side. So, Berzerk, please don't go telling me that I'm in the wrong when you don't have the full story. Thankyou.

I see on their website that all profits from the game goes to charity. that's pretty nice of them especially since people have taken advantage of them by buying and reselling at a higher price. gunstar, you bought and sold one at a higher price didn't you? the extra money you got from that game should of went to charity.

quote:

Originally posted by berzerk:

I see on their website that all profits from the game goes to charity. that's pretty nice of them especially since people have taken advantage of them by buying and reselling at a higher price. gunstar, you bought and sold one at a higher price didn't you? the extra money you got from that game should of went to charity.

Why? The money I paid for it with originally went to charity and it was their decision to give the profits to charity, not mine. Not to mention that the only reason they donate all profits to charity is because they HAD to in order for Hasbro (who owned the rights to all things Atari at the time) to agree to release the Jaguar into public domain so they could legally publish the game at all, if they wanted people to see the game that they had sunk so much time&energy into. I garantee that if Atari had lasted long enough to publish this game for them that they never would have donated profits to charity. A sacrifice on their part to be sure, but I don't think it gives them the right to have this self-rightious attitude about being such good people and donating strictly out of the kindness in their hearts as they would have everyone believe. But what your reading on their website is the History of Battlesphere/4play/Scatologic according to ScatoLogic, which differs from the true history of their endeavors that you would know if you had been following 4play and their edeavors for the past 6 years. They seem to constantly change their story to suit the current situation&argument, and are constantly contradicting themselves, with their obvious lack of short&long term memory of what they had stated before.

I certainly don't think that every time the game is bought&sold that the money should go to charity again and again over the same used game. As far as I'm concerned I did my part for the charity by buying two copies in the first place and having that $150 dollars donated to charity (or whatever was donated minus the cost of manufacturing&publishing). That would kind of be like paying twice on taxes for the same money. Plus, I donate to my own charities of my own choice, which I may feel are more important. It is nice of them for what they are doing, I have nothing against ScatoLogic except for their refusal to except payment other than paypal, which is Hypocritical anyway because some people wanted to use credit cards to pay for the first run of games and they absolutely refused to use Paypal or any other credit system and then they do a 180*.

It's been that way in other areas as well, like the fact that they say they won't make more until the cost of chips becomes reasonable again so they can sell the games for a reasonable price, but then they turn around and auction them off on E-bay or through secret e-mail auctions and end up selling them for a lot more than their original retail price that they set. To me that seems very Hypocritical as well.

But I love the game, I'm happy they stuck with the Jaguar community and got the thing published at all, and I'm glad they decided to donate profits to charity even if it was a condition to the game being published. But that doesn't mean I have to too, more than once, for any reason, either morally or ethically or whatever. To me, just selling the game at all for any price was a sacrifice, especially now that my chances of getting it back, even for what I sold it for, which I'm perfectly happy to pay, is slim to none. I made an Italian man very happy because this game was unavailable to him in Europe and a lot of others get to see it on display in his store too, so I did a service to the Jaguar community in as much as far as I'm concerned. The game was made to be networked, which requires more than one copy, and if you can't do it, it's like only owning half the game anyway as half the modes are unavailable, that was a big sacrifice to me. I didn't even sell the game to make a profit necessarily anyway; I was feeling guilty about having two copies, which Scatologic could have said one to a customer anyway, so in a sense that's their fault, but I bought two, not knowing of a shortage. So I left a post that I would sell a copy, if someone was desperate enough to pay $300 for it, hoping no one would take me up on it, but some one did. I freaked out over it and decided I wanted to keep it, but after further thought, decided it best to keep my word and sold it to the guy. I tried to talk him out of buying it for me as ScatoLogic had stated at the time that they were about to do an auction and his chances of getting it for cheaper through them were good, but he didn't want to deal with any auction and would rather buy it from me for $300 instead. So I sold it to him. That about somes it up, which is why I'm willing to pay just as much, because I put that money away for just such a purpose. If you can't understand my logic, I'm sorry, but there it is and I leave it at that.

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Gunstar ]