IGNORED

BJL Questions

Mendon

I finally got a BJL Jag after wanting one for some time. Not sure if I'll ever try to code or anything but at least I can now play some of the games that have been developed that weren't available to me before, such as JagTris & PacMania.

The unit I have has 4 games on it (and I have the cable) but other than being able to load them up and play them, I have NO information about the BJL system at all.

Could you please recommend some websites that I might visit to help me learn more about the system? I know I can do a google or webcrawler for info but thought I'd ask for your recommendations on which sites to visit.

I need loads (no pun intended :D ) of information, such as I how to download programs to the Jag, how many programs can the Jag hold at one time (has 4 on it now), is there a program I need to transfer files from the PC to the Jag, what programs do I need to look for if I want to begin any type of coding, etc etc.

Any recommendations and/or information you can provide on the system would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Mendon

Hi!

Here is the URL to Bastian Schick's Jaguar-page:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Byt...te/4242/jaguar/

Bastian is the author of the BJL-system.

Do you have a BJL-cable too? If not you'll find a schematic of it in the BJL-archive on Bastian's website or somewhere on my Jaguar-page.

Are you using a DOS, Windows or Mac or Linux environment on your computer?

Regards

Matthias

Some extra stuff:

You'll almost certainly have 6 demos on that ROM, not 4. Hit 5 and 6 to see :) 5 is usually Mandelbrot, 6 is usually a beta of JagMarble. There isn't space to put titles for 6 on the homescreen though ;)

Use the PC loader without any extra arguments to run it in 4-bit mode, and -8 to run it in 8-bit mode. You need to be running the matching loader on the Jag for it to work.

If you hit A or C on the Jag to start up the loader, you have to use the '-n' option on the PC loader. If you don't press either (just start the upload, without the -n switch), the BJL ROM will automatically start the right uploader for you :) Don't under any circumstances start an upload using the -n switch if you haven't pressed A or C on the homescreen to start an uploader, as it will almost certainly corrupt the EEPROM of any cart you have in the cart slot. This is undocumented, take note :)

Can't think of anything else right now...oh yes, the BJL loader/cable can upload to cartspace too, if you have an Alpine. Nice to know :)

Hope that will prove helpful.

Stone