IGNORED

How do YOU clean your Atari?

Dolt

When I stop reconing these, I will give up my 'personal ingrediant' (the plastic acid I use) for cleaning these.. but until then I will have to keep that and the chemical I use for de-fluxing and cleaning the switches and load slot a trade secret:) but for the do it yourselfer.. just clean and scrub the plastic with soad and water and some 409.. use a scrub brush with 'medium' strenth brizzels and scrub a shine out of your system.. this is best way to give it a like new look.. armor all will put a shine on it that even when the machine was new.. didnt shine like that..

ya.. happens all the time :roll: I was a ceritfied Master Mechanic for 8 years.. worked for the local Chrysler dealership.. specialized in Computer Controlled systems (everything from engine controllers to climate control systems) as well as being well versed in tran rebuilding. All the time I would get people asking me for advise,, I would give them the exact advise they needed to fix ther car.. than some brother of a friend of ther girlfriends daughters brother :roll: would give those people some advise and just becuase it was what they wanted to hear (such as a cheaper fix) they would want to believe that person.. I always would ask.. 'What does suchnsuch do for a living' , and it would always come back as 'Oh he's a janitor,, or a truck driver, etc.."... Even with my Master Certification.. people want to believe what they want! some of em anyway.. so.. take my advise if you want... if not,, no biggie.. go ahead and think you know better;) more money in pocket in most cases:)

**puts on big fake curly mustache and rubs Armor All on his Atari as it lies tied to a train track** :evil:

You make some interesting points and maybe I'll shelve the old bottle of Armor All. I've got to say that I didn't expect such heated opinions about all of this. I always kind of liked that high shine though, so I can't agree with you there.

**puts on big fake curly mustache and rubs Armor All on his Atari as it lies tied to a train track** :evil:  

You make some interesting points and maybe I'll shelve the old bottle of Armor All.  I've got to say that I didn't expect such heated opinions about all of this.  I always kind of liked that high shine though, so I can't agree with you there.

Thats kewl:) if you want the highest shine.. clean it first.. really clean it.. let it dry over night.. than use clear coat on it.. I wouldnt on mine.. but if you love the hight shine.. nothing wrong with the clear coat... use a GOOD brand of paint.. I would suggest a auto-touch up paint like Dublicolor.. hope this helps;)

You make some interesting points and maybe I'll shelve the old bottle of Armor All.  I've got to say that I didn't expect such heated opinions about all of this.  I always kind of liked that high shine though, so I can't agree with you there.

I don't care what people do either way, but you won't catching me putting aa on an atari. :)

just remember that high shine isn't original.

being we are on the subject of shiny plastic:) for smooth plastic.. use good ol fashion wetsand paper (2000 grit ultra-fine) and buffing compond... here is an example of a first year 5200 (first year had smooth plastic instead of the 'grain type) that I wet sanded and polished.. if you really want it to look like new.. this is how:)

http://www.atarigoods.com/atarifeedback/eB...20WARRANTED.htm

DSCF0094.JPG