IGNORED

2600 ROTJ Ewoks on Starcade

tiggerthehun

They just had an interesting prize on todays Starcade... A group of Parker Brothers 2600 games - among which was the Ewoks. They showed a picture of all the boxes together, so, it'd be interesting to see what happened with that. Did they actually send the winner one, or did they just apologize for leading them on?

Now if I can only find the invitation I got to be on the show....

Weren't they going to do a Starcade thing at CGE this year? I wasn't paying attention and must have missed it (Nolan on the brain or something like that). I was curious as to how it worked out, because it sounded like a great idea for other conventions.

Tempest

Weren't they going to do a Starcade thing at CGE this year? I wasn't paying attention and must have missed it (Nolan on the brain or something like that). I was curious as to how it worked out, because it sounded like a great idea for other conventions.

Tempest

they were going to do it, but I think it turned into jepordy.

it's not a bad idea though to do a game show at event I was think about it

for vgs'03 but never got off the ground maybe I'll try it for vgs'04.

Dan Iacovelli

Tempest

If I recall, they didn't have the time to set one up this year, since they didn't get the guy who hosted it until like 2 weeks beforehand.

Yup, short notice was one thing. The other was JM Productions - owners of Starcade and all things Starcade - putting the ki-bosh on anything that was not pre-approved by them. It was moot, since nothing could be put together that fast anyway. But - in the future - they made it clear that anything "Starcade" must be approved by them - the copyright/game owners. My guess is that it - or something like it - will be put together and permission-secured with little or no problems.

But Classic Gaming Jeopardy - hosted by yours truly - went off without a hitch. (Though the board fell down between games, nearly crushing myself and Our Lovely Hostess Janice.)

:x  :x  :x  

WHEN  O WHEN  DISH NETWORK!!!!!

If you're interested in them, there are episodes posted to alt.binaries.emulators.misc in DivX format every once in a while. I've managed to snag about 30 episodes from there so far. Episodes of Icons are also posted occasionally.

--Zero

But Classic Gaming Jeopardy - hosted by yours truly - went off without a hitch. (Though the board fell down between games, nearly crushing myself and Our Lovely Hostess Janice.)

I watched the Saturday edition and thought you did a great job. Was a lot of fun even if I wasn't a contestant.

Mendon

The other was JM Productions - owners of Starcade and all things Starcade - putting the ki-bosh on anything that was not pre-approved by them. It was moot, since nothing could be put together that fast anyway. But - in the future - they made it clear that anything "Starcade" must be approved by them - the copyright/game owners. My guess is that it - or something like it - will be put together and permission-secured with little or no problems.  

Interesting. Are they saying they own the rights to the video game/gameshow concept or just the Starcade name. If it's just the name that's easy to get around (how about Ataricade?).

Tempest

Hmmm...not entirely sure of the aesthetics as to who owns what, Tempest. But here's a bit of "posted ki-bosh":

http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.cfm?cat...&threadid=79436

"Top Starcader" is the JM Productions guy, I know that much. Maybe a "videogame gameshow" concept is pretty much "open," but calling it Starcade with one of the former hosts caused concerns to the rights-holders obviously. And it *was* pretty short notice.

I daresay, there will be SOME competetion next year. What and in what form? Dunno.