IGNORED

over charging theives

tantone56

I resent that comment, Atari2600.com has provided excellent service for a long time and people pay for what they get. Granted, there is some of us who don't want to spend that much money but I think that it is up to the buyer to decide whether or not it's worth it. ;)

they have a few awesome deals

i got mario bros for the 7800 with a manual for a total of $6 plus shipping

out of their wounded warriors sections

i agree their prices are high but if you dont like ebay and want some games without the bidding crap online stores are the best place to collect from

thats how i started before i broke down and started on epay ;)

I resent that comment, Atari2600.com has provided excellent service for a long time and people pay for what they get. Granted, there is some of us who don't want to spend that much money but I think that it is up to the buyer to decide whether or not it's worth it.  ;)

Hey, if they're getting it, then more power to them. Most of us know where we can get this stuff cheaper but some people don't mind paying retail, ya know?

-Bry

atari2600.com has a great f/s section and some of the prices on that site are undervalued, not overvalued. Every item I have bought from that site arrived very quickly. Every site that sells Atari games has games f/s that I wouldn't buy at the price they are being sold for and others that I consider a great price. It's up to the individual to decide what they will or will not spend for something. Look at Ebay as a case in point.

If you look at the prices that atari2600.com pays for items, you will be able to understand why they charge a little more. I sold them a couple of items and they paid me top dollar. I had to ship first, but I was paid right away.

I bought from atari2600.com years ago when it was owned by someone else. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. atari2600.com is one of the few places that have rare items in stock.

yes Atari 2600.Com and I have done deals in the Thousands I have been very happy with them Joe is a very nice guy and very trust worthy. Some of the games might be a bit higher than ebay. But you dont have to go through all that shit to get them. You will get what you order very fast. It is gurranted too. He also gets new stuff in everyday. I give him the :thumbsup: :)

Ok...I'm all right now. Really. I just had to catch my breath. Yeah, there are several hundred carts left for you to get, kepone.

I'll second all the positive comments people have made about Atari2600.com as a business and about Joe personally. Joe and his wife run Atari2600.com as business in their spare time. I've met them both and have dealt with them personally and professionally on several occasions. They are both very nice people to deal with and they stand behind every one of their products. They will pay top dollar for gaming items, so they must charge a premium for things they sell, just to break even.

I for one think it's great that Atari2600.com is in business and is supporting the community as it has for so many years. They have a great selection, and you know that you'll get exactly what you order. No worries about deadbeat ePay sellers. No worries about nonfunctional merchandise.

And as for that 2600 system, think about this way: you're getting a professionally shopped out console with controllers, etc. That's a nicely cleaned, repaired and performance tuned system, with a WARRANTY. Let's say, very conservatively, that it's worth $50. That leaves $195 for 50 games. Commons? Yes. But there are some good games in there. It's less than $4 per game. Not bad. Not good. I'd say a middle price. But then if you pay $4 for a game on ePay, the shipping will be $4. So that's 8$ per game, for a total of $400. Bringing the grand total to $450 vs. $245+shipping. And I *know* shipping from Atari2600.com isn't going to be $200. :twisted:

Your eBay mileage will vary. I know mine has and will. There are deals to be had. Steals of the century even. There are bidding wars. There are Combats and ColecoVision Donkey Kong cart listed (and purchased!!!) for $10. But many people want the comfort of an instant purchase and the security of dealing with an established business instead of Fred from Georgia. Without the hassle of dirty broken equipment. No dead bugs, no carpet fuzz, no *PUBES*. And all the games will work. Guaranteed.

I wish their were more businesses around like this one.

</rant>

:)

-Chris

Just had a look at their site, and while some things seem expensive, some seem pretty reasonable.

In fact, I know for a fact I'll be using them in the new year, they have got some really good stuff, which seems no more than ebay prices, possibly even cheaper in some cases. Could be especially useful for acquiring boxed stuff I need.

At the end of the day , it is a business with overheads, so theres going to be a markup, seems fair enough to me....... :)

Si