IGNORED

How much would to pay for a Rarity 5 loose cart w/torn label

atari_aaron

How much would you pay for a loose cart with a torn label that is listed as a Level 5 rarity if you found it in a thirft store? How much would you pay for Level 2 or more loose carts in general?

I found a big box of loose carts at a thrift store in Minnesota. The box contains mostly rarity 3's, but there is one rarity 5 with a torn label too as well as a couple of Commodore 64 carts, two intellivision carts, and an NES cart in the box as well. They wanted 2.50 to $3.50 a piece. That is unreasonable isn't it? I tried to haggle them down, but cashier wouldn't budge. Anyway, I left it at the store, thought I'd ask here first before I paid $3.50 for a Commodore 64 Ms Pacman cart.

Today I went back to the thrift store with the AtariAge rarity guide in my hand. The level 5 rarity game was Imagic's "Shootin Gallery". But as it turns out the label wasn't torn, it just looked wierd. The guy holding the pealed banana looks like TV snow, and that threw me. Anyway, I paid $2.50 for it. It was the cheapest cart in a box of 50 that runs from combat to pac man with many repeats. Most of the carts had a price of $3.50. I didn't buy any others.

I went to another thrift store in Moorhead, and found 5200 Qbert and 5200 Congo Bongo for a $1 each.

Yah, that's a good deal there! You're darned tootin'! For pete's sake don't ya know, never ever leave an R5 at the thrift! So it was kind of weird-lookin' huh? In what way? :P

Seriously so long as it's cheap, and less than $5 for a game you don't have is not unreasonable, sometimes it's worth a shot to spend a couple bucks more than you know, as it might not be there when you come back. Go home to find it was a cool game, or higher priced than you thought, and you'd be kickin' yourself for it later.

$2.50-$3.50 for a cart isn't necessarily too much...it all depends on the game. Certainly any R5 is worth $3.50. Several popular games of lesser rarity often fetch $2.50-$3.50 on ebay. Shipping costs alone are often $2.50 for a single cart on ebay. I wouldn't buy 50 common games for $2.50 a piece, but $2.50 is fine for a couple of titles.

I can think of a few R3s that I've paid $3.50 for. I paid $6 for 'Spiderdroid'.

but there are several individual titles that paying $2.50-$3.50 for would be justified.