IGNORED

SNES expansion port?

~llama

The PS-X (SNES CD-addon) was supposed to be hooked up to that but it never came out because of a battle between Sony and Nintendo. :)

Yes you heard that right, the PSX is the SNES CD addon and not the PlayStation, which is why Sony employees were not allowed to call the PlayStation PSX. ;)

Don't you have a PSX prototype CPUWIZ?  I thought there was an older thread around here someplace...

I have the programming docs and a prototype controller but never got my hands on the actual hardware.

They were messing with it so much, first it was supposed to be underneith and then they tried the cart slot version (like MMF mentioned) and then they shitcanned it because of the battle between Sony and the big N.

Hm...but isn't the next gen. supposedly going to be called that?
No. The PSX that exists now is a home entertainment device that happens to play PS2 games.

Anyways, the expansion port was put there because it was the thing to do.

And in Japan, the reciever for the Satellaview service hooked up to it.

No. The PSX that exists now is a home entertainment device that happens to play PS2 games.

Yeah, but I think that CPUWIZ's point was that they couldn't use the PSX name due to copyright or trademark reasons. Those reasons would certainly still apply to their new machine.

--Zero

Yeah, but I think that CPUWIZ's point was that they couldn't use the PSX name due to copyright or trademark reasons. Those reasons would certainly still apply to their new machine.

--Zero

That's what I was wondering...so how could they use the name PSX without getting sued?

wasn't there a Disk drive for the SNES (Super Famicom) ?

like the ones for the NES & N64 ?

No.

Well, unless you mean one of the various 3rd-party game copiers that dumped the games out to floppy disks.

But those aren't really the same thing.