IGNORED

Stargate

~llama

The game is going to be more difficult in MAME because Stargate has a somewhat complex control panel. The game is difficult as it is, but without the proper control setup it's going to be even harder. It's been a while since I've played the arcade versions of Defender and Stargate, so I'm not comfortable saying which is harder than the other. :)

..Al

WOW. yeah having seven buttons to press (not counting up and down) on the keyboard makes this a little difficult!

im gonna go upstairs later and fire up Defender w/ my logitech Wingman :)

UPDATE: my top score for the evening is 5250. :sad:

well... i just scored 26375 using a keyboard and i havent even figured out which key Invisio <b>is</b> yet :D

maybe i'm not as bad at this as i thought :ponder:

You using up/down and thrust? (the way it originally is).. Or are you doing the newfangled "press left or right to move left or right". :P

That's pretty good without using inviso.. you probably had a good amount saved up by then which is what you need to do of course. Makes you nice and invincible :D Ramming into groups of swarming enemies and moving around trying to take out as many of them as possible is one gameplay aspect of Stargate that's not present in Defender. Fun stuff :)

You using up/down and thrust? (the way it originally is).. Or are you doing the newfangled "press left or right to move left or right". :P

That's pretty good without using inviso.. you probably had a good amount saved up by then which is what you need to do of course. Makes you nice and invincible :D Ramming into groups of swarming enemies and moving around trying to take out as many of them as possible is one gameplay aspect of Stargate that's not present in Defender. Fun stuff :)

yeah thats with up/down and thrust :) i hate playing it the other way.

yeah i enjoy getting really close to 10 or 20 thousand and then going kamikaze on something, so the net effect on the number of ships i have is zero :D

I tried to play Defender again after playing Stargate for a few hours and i couldnt! I sucked at it :sad: 's ok, Stargate's better anyway :thumbsup:

You wanna play Defender or Stargate in MAME?  Get an X-Arcade (or something similar).

Expensive, but soooo worth it.  Anyone with any serious interest in MAME should have one.

Or make one.

And make it with a socketed front panel, so you can remove it and swap custom panels in and out to give you the perfect device for any game...

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Or make one.

And make it with a socketed front panel, so you can remove it and swap custom panels in and out to give you the perfect device for any game...

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Yep, making one would be even better. I can't, because I'm hopeless at making things, but if anyone's even slightly good, give it a go. A proper arcade style controller makes any MAME experience immeasurably better.

Or make one.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Yep, making one would be even better. I can't, because I'm hopeless at making things, but if anyone's even slightly good, give it a go. A proper arcade style controller makes any MAME experience immeasurably better.

I'm just lazy.

I am planning to make one eventually. And yes, I dream of a modular panel.