IGNORED

AC/DC Defenders of Metal

jaysmith2000

For those of you who haven't been following the discussion on TAEX, I recently acquired some documents of a proposed Jaguar game called AC/DC Defenders of Metal. The documents included info on the game and color proposed screenshot. I thought you all might enjoy this. Sorry I don't have a scanner at present so I had to use the digital camera for pics.

Stuff_041.jpg

Stuff_042.jpg

Here's the premise of the game:

"AC/DC for Jaguar will be a hard-rocking, sometimes humorous but never frivolous battle for musical supremacy, in which the bad --together or as individuals--will fight its way up through various levels of musical opposition in various venues. The entire adventure will be presented in the context of a Holy Crusade, in which te gand must meet and vanquish the best and worst of each genre--disco, rap, pop, pseudo-rock, country, jazz, oldies, classical and Muzak--in order to establish their undisputed supremacy. An example of a level might include maneuvering their way through hrordes of leisure-suited Travolta look-alikes, battling their way through stage door security, getting past an army of roadies, and finally facing the Bee-Gees and Big Donna Summer (or facsimiles thereof) in mortal combat. ......Finally, this is a project which--perhaps above all others--screams to be made for CD-ROM. AC/DC is, after all, music.....A cool action game backed up with a rampaging, window-busting soundtrack, and stamped with the AC/DC logo has all the making of a hit. Let's crank it up!"

Merry Christmas everyone!

Jason

WOW cool! that sounds very much like a game me and Lars were thinking of writing in dream land, except the band in question would have been ManoWar and involved much Hailing and rightousness as they crusaded for True Metal etc etc :)

a good Power Metal band based game would rule! :) ManoWar, Hammerfall or DragonForce would be superbe :)

cheers for that Jay..

Glad you guys are enjoying this.  I'll get all the documents scanned in the proposal and posted on my site hopefully soon.  :)

i was looking though all the pics on your site and i noticed i have a

similar controller as your Atari Jaguar MAS stick.

mine is for the 3DO :)

it has a nice long 12 foot cord and it has the split off for other sticks or controllers

post-541-1072407199_thumb.jpg

Glad you guys are enjoying this.  I'll get all the documents scanned in the proposal and posted on my site hopefully soon.  :)

i was looking though all the pics on your site and i noticed i have a

similar controller as your Atari Jaguar MAS stick.

mine is for the 3DO :)

it has a nice long 12 foot cord and it has the split off for other sticks or controllers

That's cool Lemmi and is exactly like mine as well (except for the 3DO thing of course). Cool item, I love playing D2K and Protector on it.

That's awesome, Jay! :D

Did anyone else notice that the screenshot's a digitally-manipulated pic from one of the Genesis Streets of Rage games? :lol:

Stone

Yeah, pretty funny huh? I've got the entire package scanned now and will be adding a link on my website to it hopefully this weekend. I'll keep everyone posted. It's pretty funny reading!

• 20 years later...
On 12/26/2003 at 11:40 PM, jaysmith2000 said:

Yeah, pretty funny huh? I've got the entire package scanned now and will be adding a link on my website to it hopefully this weekend. I'll keep everyone posted. It's pretty funny reading!

Did you ever get it posted...? I would love to see this!

On 3/5/2024 at 8:59 PM, Jagg753 said:
On 12/27/2003 at 12:40 AM, jaysmith2000 said:

Did you ever get it posted...? I would love to see this!

Replying to a 20 year thread for a member that hasn't posted since 2010.  I think we'll be waiting another 230 years for the answer!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1