IGNORED

Jaguar Cinepak Tools for Windows

JagMod

Everyone,

With the greatly appreciated help from Glenn, I have now successfully

ported the macintosh cinepak tools to Windows.

So all of you who don't own a mac, and want to convert your own cinepak

movies for the jag, a windows version is now available.

Thanks again Glenn for providing me with the nitty gritty details I kept

asking for to debug this.

Get it here!

JagMod

Tell me, do the usual "Need an Alpine to encrypt" requirements still apply for a Jaguar's cinepak movie?...cause I would love to burn some clips to run on the Jag...

Yes, if you want to run them on a normal (unmodified) Jaguar system.

But you could use the BJL boot disk that Belboz has made, load the BJL CD bypass program, and then boot an unencrypted CD that way. Be cumbersome each time you want to boot and view the CD, but it could be done.

Or get Protector SE or B&C Bypass Cart. Battlesphere Gold will also do it but you'll have to be on a wait list to get that.

Glenn

But you could use the BJL boot disk that Belboz has made, load the BJL CD bypass program, and then boot an unencrypted CD that way. Be cumbersome each time you want to boot and view the CD, but it could be done.  

I've got a burnt BJL CD, but I never knew there was a bypass method that was usable by BJL. Do you know where I could find more info, or the program itself?

I've attached the file; should work. (not tested it in a while, I bought Protector SE to save me the trouble). Coding is credit to Symmetry (I've lost the txt file that goes with it...) but just make sure you thank him when next your paths cross and I'm sure he'll be happy :)

Load address is $4000.

Rgs,

Stone

bjl_cdbp.zip

Sorry for my ignorance, but I have a few questions to ask. I don't have alot of time, because of school :sad: :

1) With this tool, is it possible to encode a movie (maybe even a recent one such as Willard :D to the Jaguar?) If so, would the speed be very well?

2) Would it be possible to make an interactive menu for it? Maybe even submenu's (aka bonus features)

3) Is the quality for this very good? If i encoded a cartoon for this, would it look normal?

4) would it be possible to make a minigame as a bonus feature in a submenu or the main menu?

Thanx!

sorry, now, got a bit of time :D

I figured out programming is nearly impossible for me. I don't have time to do it, and don't like it anyway.

I love to draw, so I decided to make a cartoon, so far I've made an (avi) demo of a man running.

I was wondering if it is possible to make a cartoon, mpeg or avi, then encode it to the jaguar? My idea is to make a jaguar-exclusive cartoon. So, is it possible I wonder?

I have the main characters made so far, so all I have left to do is make backgrounds, and then draw thousands of character sketches to lay over the backgrounds. I am also in a band who will make the music.

Let me know if it's possible, thanx...