IGNORED

Who had a good video game christmas??

kyle

I got lots of video games for christmas. For the 2600 my wife got me front line crossbow krull stargate cookie monster munch and big bird. For the 7800 she got me choplifter. She told me she made a list of all 180 of my atari games so she wouldn't get me any i had already and went out game hunting with out me i would say she did a nice job. For the PS2 i got ESPN college hoops. WWE smackdown shut your mouth. midway arcade treasures and celebrity death match. I also got a GBA-SP!!!! With namco museum Activision anthology double dragon advance and konami arcade advance. So what did everyone else get?

Well, I got Flag Capture, Brain Games, Hangman & Math Grand Prix all in one lot and in great shape, Thunderground CIB, Cosmic Commuter MIB, Once upon Atari DVD which I love, The Tron game pack with Joystick, Beany Bopper & Fireworld T-shirt. (My wife let me buy all these things for my self, its tought having a boss at home).

:D :D ;)

Got a few games for Christmas:

* Thrust -- Awesome game! I got the footpedal, too, which is nice.

* Starfire -- Tough one, since I'm trying to get the patch. I never got one from Activision...

* Skeleton+ -- Very enjoyable. I like games with an ending.

* Adventure+ -- Had to get this for nostalgic purposes, plus it's a good game.

* Alligator People -- Haven't played this much yet, but it looks good.

* Midway Arcade Classics for PS2 -- My brother-in-law, his kid and I spent the whole night playing Gauntlet and Super Sprint with a multitap. Nice!

* Atari 80 Classics for PC -- I really like the arcade games, the 2600 games don't match up to the real thing.

Oh, I almost forgot about the Christmas Cart (#41).

I'm saving all my classic 2600 wants (Crossbow, Montezuma's Revenge, Star Trek, etc.) for PhillyClassic in March. It'll be like Christmas all over again!

I got WarioWare, Game & Watch Gallery and Arcade Advanced (Konami) for the GBA. Pikman, Godzilla and Mario Party 5 for the GC. I also got the Intellivision controller thing with 25 games you hook into the TV. My sister in law got me 2 videogame books: Ultimate History of VG and Arcade Fever.

I used Xmas dough to buy myself Thrust+, Marble Craze and Feet of Fury earlier this month.

Everybody thinks im wasting my money on old video games so they refuse to buy them for me and I end up with a couple of lame modern games

My family also thinks I'm nuts and they won't even buy me modern games....consider yourself lucky that you get any games at all! :) Let me add that my sister, however, was enthralled with the 2600 that I gave her so I don't know what to think.

Everybody thinks im wasting my money on old video games so they refuse to buy them for me and I end up with a couple of lame modern games

Well tell them that when you buy somehting that is collectable like atari games, they will never go down in value. But right after you buy a modern game for 49.99 you will never be able to sell it for that much again. It is just smarter to buy classic stuff that will hold its value.

I bought myself some 2600 homebrew games via the AA store just before Christmas. I got Thrust+ Platinum and Asteroids DC+ plus a Holiday Cart (#13!)

Games that my loved ones purchased for me for Christmas were all for the XBOX and PC. I received:

*Dungeons & Dragons Heroes (XBOX)

*Armed and Dangerous (XBOX)

*Midway Collection (XBOX)

*Baldur's Gate II Collection Pack (PC CDROM)

All these games are great! I particularly like Armed and Dangerous and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great 3rd person action shooter!

I got...

Midway arcade classics (PS2)

Super Mario Sunshine (GameCube)

PacMan vs. / Pacman World 2 (GameCube)

Arcade Advanced (Konami) (GameBoy Adv)

One of the Atari Collections for Gameboy Adv

and a Jakks 10-in-1 joystick

I also bought Intellivision Lives for the PS2

My wife looked everywhere for the Activision Anthology but couldn't find it :(

I got an original 1981 Donkey Kong Cocktail machine!  :D  :D  :D  :D  

So far my best score on it is 140K  8)  

I've only made it to level 6 once at a local arcade (156K)

That's a great score! (both christmas wise and score-wise) :D I have problems even reaching 100k :ponder:

So is it the japanese version or the u.s. version as far as level progression goes? I've always wondered which one is easier to score on... maybe one day I'll actually try it out myself via mame :P

Well, I didn't get any video games for Christmas, but I still had an awesome "video game Christmas" as I found some old games of mine that were lost AND had over two weeks off from work and played lots of games. Visited my parents back East and found some old Nintendo games in the basement that I thought were long gone: Pac-Mania and Arkanoid! I've been playing both like crazy lately, especially Arkanoid (see Classic Gaming General posts for painful details!)

Well,

The holidays were game filled, just not from one source :) Anybody that knows me knows thats really what I want, and they make great gifts! I make sure to take care of others too :)

I gave one of my students a 2600, joysticks, paddles and about 10 games. He FREAKED! Now there is another classic gamer being forged before your eyes. His goal is to beat me at Kaboom. I say bring it on ;)

Those of you that know Nicole (my wonderful wife) wont find this suprizing...She spent two months on ebay and dealing with collectors for my X-mas. I got (all amazingly boxed!)

King Kong, Jawbreaker, red box Donkey Kong, sealed MIB Klax, RSSoccer (International red box), Radar Lock, Xenophobe, Alpha Beam with Ernie

My mother, who started all of this so many years ago, still knows what to get. Methinks the Mrs. had a hand in this all:

Gameboy SP Platinum with case and Frogger, Tetris Worlds, SMBAdvance4, Namco Classics, DK Country, and MarioKart.

We drove up to my in-laws in the midwest with a Vegas Slot Machine for Nicoles dad and hit a few thrifts. Nothing great, but I did find a boxed Zaxxon board game and about 5 Intelly games I did not have. A handful of loose Atari carts, what the heck at 99 cents each, right? AA always needs cases!!

Anyway, with a gift certificate, bought the Gameboy Advance thingie for GC, and now I can use the Wavebirds for some old-school Mario action.

All in all, a great fun and game filled holiday. Hope everyone else had a great one too. Holidays have been very tense the past few years; Grandmother is battling cancer and this was the first year in many she was really 'with it'. I'd trade it all for her good health in a minute.

Cassidy