IGNORED

Who had a good video game christmas??

kyle

An update to my previous post. My boyfriend flew in to see me last week and what did he get me but a new custom PC. I'm a mac user mostly, but the PC he gave me was specifically built to power my MAME arcade cabinet (as well as any other games I want). Now everything runs fast and I can play all my arcade classics anytime. Plus I can get that Atari 80 games package. Wooo!

Not directly 2600 but my sister and her fiance gave me a whole bunch of plastic storage bins to keep my games in. And of course, that's only 2600 stuff. I do miss the look of all the cardboard boxes I kept everything in. Now everything looks just too orgainized.

I also got the Jakes Namco 5-in-1 game controller that hooks up to the TV. Emulation is not perfect but we did play a lot of games of Pac-Man and Rally-X at my parents on Christmas night.

I got the 80-in-one Atari PC game from my brother-in-law, and an Atari sweat wristband that is white and red from one of my best friends!

I also got the WWII strategy game Blitzkrieg for my PC! I borrowed Alone In The Dark: The New Nightmare from my father-in-law! The game is cool, but I think I will have to re-assign the keyboard keys, as it is a pain in the a** to hold the "A" button to run and use the cursor keys for direction of the player.

All in all, not a bad haul! :)

My friend got me the Atari 10-in-1 game, the Intellivision 25-in-1 game, and the Namco 5-in-1 game (and last year I bought the Activision one, so I have 'em all I think). :D

They're pretty cool to have despite the complaints (Pong with a stick, messed up Adventure, etc.). The Intellivision one is the weakest of these games, though (the games are too fast and a pain without overlays and such). The Namco game is just plain excellent (I *love* Rally X).

Voch