IGNORED

Power Supply question.

Inky

Okay. 7800 power supply is going on the fritz. What I want to do is take the connector off of my 7800 PS, and solder it to a new PS. To avoid f-ing up my 78, which side of the 7800 connector, when you look at it, is the positive, and which is the negative?

Okay..  I have a 9V power supply with 800MA output.  The 7800 is a 9V, 1A output.  Will this supply work?

www.mpja.com sells Lynx Power supplies which are 9vdc 1a and I've used them on over a dozen 7800's as replacements, they work great, just cut off the connector and connect the 7800 end onto it, use some shrink tubing to seal it and you good to go.

I think they are selling the p/s' for $2.95 and they are brand new in original Lynx power supply boxes.

Curt

Okay..  I have a 9V power supply with 800MA output.  The 7800 is a 9V, 1A output.  Will this supply work?

www.mpja.com sells Lynx Power supplies which are 9vdc 1a and I've used them on over a dozen 7800's as replacements, they work great, just cut off the connector and connect the 7800 end onto it, use some shrink tubing to seal it and you good to go.

I think they are selling the p/s' for $2.95 and they are brand new in original Lynx power supply boxes.

Curt

So I take it 800 MA won't work on ythe 7800?

I have a Lynx PS already, but Ihesitate to use it because I use it on the lynx all the time, and also the cable on it doesn't specify which wire is positive and which is negative (and unfortunately I don't have access to a voltage meter).

As a general rule of thumb: When determining the polarity of a power plug, try to identify weather or not the wire has any striping. Generally on a DC cable which is black, a white strip signifies the positive polarity of the wire. And as it enters a plug that has two (or more) leads it should be noted that the corresponding lead is usually the lead in which the wire is attached. therefore the the picture inwhich CPUwiz showed one can see that the positive is indeed positive because of the striping on the positve wire.

(no flame intended. just outputting knowlage)

Here's what I ended up doing...

Radio Outhouse and the local games reseller didn't have the PS I needed, so I went to Wal-Mart and found a 1 amp PS. I soldered the old connector from the 7800 PS to the new PS (both had a stripe), taped up the connevtion, put a daub of krazy glue on the voltage selector switch to keep it at 9, and voila! it works!

Radio Outhouse and the local games reseller  didn't have the PS I needed, so I went to Wal-Mart and found a 1 amp PS.  I soldered the old connector from the 7800 PS to the new PS (both had a stripe), taped up the connevtion, put a daub of krazy glue on the voltage selector switch to keep it at 9, and voila!  it works!

It's a sad sad day when WalMart has an electronics component and Radio Shack doesn't.

Radio Outhouse and the local games reseller  didn't have the PS I needed, so I went to Wal-Mart and found a 1 amp PS.  I soldered the old connector from the 7800 PS to the new PS (both had a stripe), taped up the connevtion, put a daub of krazy glue on the voltage selector switch to keep it at 9, and voila!  it works!

It's a sad sad day when WalMart has an electronics component and Radio Shack doesn't.

IM sure you could get a cell phone at Rat Shack though! Im sure you were pimped 45 times while looking for those lost supplies in there also ;)