IGNORED

Pesco vs. Ebivision Pac-Man

SS

OK, this is a question for the very few of y'all who have actually had the chance to play both games. How does Pesco compare to the Ebivision version of Pac-Man? The DP review of Pesco says :

As with any game there are some drawbacks, however with Pesco they are very minor. The most noticeable is the lack of sound. Other than the noise that Pesco makes when eating the plankton, there really isn't any sound in the game. I'm not going to criticize to harshly in this area because it's very possible that there are other factors involved like a lack of coding space due to the cartridge size.

Does Ebivision Pac-Man have similar sound fx limitations? I know that I had the CGE video on my HD at one time but I can't seem to locate it now.

Well, I was the one who got his post deleted by linking to someone else's copy of the ebivision roms, since I didn't know the Ebivision guys were still alive, much less talking to Albert ;)

Anyway, the rest of my post went something like this: I have Pesco and wasn't really impressed by it. The net effect was making me want to start from scratch on a better Pac-Man again, because this wouldn't have been it ;)

This is a reminder for anyone who posts a link or a zipfile of Ebivision games into this thread, Albert and Alex have been in negotiations with them to sell their products in the store.  

Please don't !

Is this why for this? :

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/feature.htm

I really hope AA eventually gets authorization to sell these... I do wish that I could preview the games first though... I only collect games that I really like a lot.

P.S. I won't tell if anyone PM's me with the ROMs! LOL! :-D

This is a reminder for anyone who posts a link or a zipfile of Ebivision games into this thread, Albert and Alex have been in negotiations with them to sell their products in the store.  

Please don't !

Is this why for this? :

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/feature.htm

I really hope AA eventually gets authorization to sell these... I do wish that I could preview the games first though... I only collect games that I really like a lot.

P.S. I won't tell if anyone PM's me with the ROMs! LOL! :-D

Uh, no, it was Hozer Video. AFAIK

Marco wrote:  

Why would one not admit to owning Ebivision Pac-Man?  

AFAIK the neither the cart nor the binary was ever released, so I suppose only the Ebivision guys have a copy of that.

A few carts were made by Ebivision and given to a few select individuals :) I know one was for a contest. As to wehter or not I would admit to owning one... well ;)

Let's leave it at that.

-Lee

I could be just having a reef memory, but I recall playing Ebivision's Pac-Man at CGE '99.

Yep. The CGE 99 video is the infamous one that first drew me here to the Atari Nexus! Now of course it's found just at cyberroach.

Ebivision Pacman Video: Pac-Man.mpg

Page: http://www.cyberroach.com/cyromag/six/cge991.htm

ebi04.jpg