IGNORED

Missile Command 3D

Mendon

In trying to play this game to get a decent score to enter into the high score thread, I have come to one conclusion: I really, really SUCK at this game!!

I'm playing the 3D mode and after about 15 tries I think I managed to not lose a city in Wave 1 only once! I'm used to the arcade version where everything is visible on the screen without any scrolling. Not sure I'll ever get good at 3D as I'm finding it really difficult to fend off the missiles and rocks with soooo much area to cover.

Anyone else find this game difficult? Any tips/hints?

Mendon

In trying to play this game to get a decent score to enter into the high score thread, I have come to one conclusion: I really, really SUCK at this game!!  

I'm playing the 3D mode and after about 15 tries I think I managed to not lose a city in Wave 1 only once! I'm used to the arcade version where everything is visible on the screen without any scrolling. Not sure I'll ever get good at 3D as I'm finding it really difficult to fend off the missiles and rocks with soooo much area to cover.

Anyone else find this game difficult? Any tips/hints?

Mendon

I don't like the 3D mode, I like original mode

I don't like the original mode. It's apparent more effort was put into the useless "map the screen onto some polygon object" feature than the actual game implementation. Plus the programmer even admitted in an interview that he didn't even have the actual arcade game as reference!

I don't like the 3D mode, as it's too easy. At higher levels there's so much crap raining down that it's almost impossible not to get enough points to earn a new/upgraded city.

Virtual/2000 mode is definitely where it's at. Regrettably short, but great fun.

Thanks for the reply, Zylon!

You must be very good at the game if 3D is easy for you. I've finally broken 25,000pts but for me the game is HARD.

The part that I find makes it hard for me is, like I said, the size of the screen. Maybe I'm just to used to the arcade version or the 2600 version but without that trackball, I'm having a difficult time quickly moving around the screen. Seems like your crosshairs move much, much slower on the Jag version and if I'm on the left side of the screen and have to move to the right side it will be very, very close. If the cannon on that side is gone, fergit it as I can't move my crosshair and get off a shot from another cannon quick enough to stop the missiles.

Its probably all just me as I admit I'm not the best gamer in the world. I enjoy them immensely but I do admit I suck at quite a few of them.

I've only played the 3D version. I'll have to check out the Virtual and Original modes and see if either is any easier for me.

Mendon

I can play every mode just fine; I don't have any problems playing all 3 modes classic, 3D, etc hard at all, lol, my name (initials) cover ever entry slot on the game, hehehe..., making it impossible for any of my friends to enter their name in the hall of frame(s) on my M3D cart, mahaha.... :twisted:

Terance Williams (The Graphics Man) :twisted:

I've never gotten to the Space level in Virtual, the one time I fought tooth and nail through the Sky City level and thought i'd go to space, it turns out that I didn't have my difficulty setting high enough, and it wouldn't let me. :x

I can only fantasize how good Missle Command VR would be with an actual VR helmet...... *drool*.......