IGNORED

Jut curious....

jetset

Every now and again I'll see a post for someone wanting to sell a system, or a bundle of games, or a rare cart.....whatever..... and the seller has 4 posts, and joined like two weeks ago, or something like that.

How often have you guys bought from new members like this and have you gotten burned?

Personally I'd be really skittish, but I have also seen these people responded to.

I know there probably have been plenty of ok deals with brand-new members, and lots of burns with resident members (*cough* pooyan *cough*)

I'm just wondering aloud I 'spose.

I've bought from and sold to somewhere around 20 people here when they were new members (less than 10 posts). Some stuck around and some didn't. I wasn't burned any of the times I bought or sold. I'll usually ask for references if I'm buying from a new member and will request a picture of what I'm buying. I will only take Paypal if it is a sale to a new member.

If the items offered and the price seems fair, I'll go for it. If the offer/offers sound too good to be true, I'll usually pass (re: Pooyan).