IGNORED

intelivision ii problems

I just got back into my game collecting and was playing my intellivision ii and it bonked out on me. The light wont even come on, i think its something to do with the power suupply. I have tried just about everything to get it working again, different power supplies, opening it up. I can't find the owners manual on the internet. Does anyone have any experience with this? It sucks because thats how I played atari games was through the system changer, that way I didnt have to hook up two systems.

THANKS

CHRIS

It could be the 7805 chip. This takes whatever voltage you have and knocks it down to 5v, which most mobos use. Radio shack has them for less than $2. If you have a multimeter, you can test it to make sure you have the right voltage, so if you don't, you know you need a new one.

The 7805 is a small square chip that usually says 7805 somewhere in the middle of a bunch of numbers.

Well the fuse was open so I went and got one at Radio Shack.. but all they had there were these huge fuses and ended up getting a fuse holder so I could fit it on. I put it on, made the connection and it still doesn't work. I was out about $5 from Radio Shack. Any more money and I might as well have bought a new system.

On that brown daughtercard on your intell. 2 there is that big black Cylender I'm guessing its a 4700 uF cap and right by that theres a reddish-brown device with a peice of aluminum pop-riveted to the back of the chip. That's prolly the regulator. What does that chip say?

If you have a volt-ohm meter, check the voltage across the cap with the power on. It should have a pretty consistent, but slightly unstable voltage output. (IE: it should go up + down)

The more I look at it, that card does not look like a linear regulator. Any other opinions on what Mattel might be doing there?

Honestly, you might be better off just junking it and getting an INTV 1.

Hex.

[ If it's not right... then nothing new has happened. ]

That chip says on it X44C758

underneath that it says GE and 246

Thats close to the 7805 number spongebue was talking about. Its got what looks like two little tiny pieces of rope coming out of the left hand side of it, you can kind of see them on the picture. But, like I said I am approaching the point where it would be cheaper just to buy a new unit.

If you just copy and paste the link it will work, it is just that the host doesnt like external linking. The whole chip is mounted on that piece of alluminum hex was talking about, about a half inch off the daugterboard. It does have three long pins that come down, like a dinner fork, and then a type of small rope glued to it.

i too just busted out the duece and i get power but a blank black screen. i do not have the original psu and am using a radiocrap replacement that is: Input 120vac 60hz 12w

Output: 9vdc 800ma

could that be the problem?

Also, what is the rarity of boxed sears intellivision games?

late,

p

solved the problem, got an AC PSU from radiocrap...18-24VAC(switchable) 1000ma with the "O" adapt-a-plug....unit works great now :)

$15.00, well worth the price of my fond memories as a 10 year old playing worm womper(which now that i think of it, is kinda a sick name for a video game...sounds like one of the adult titles:) )