IGNORED

Does anyone else like Commando Raid?

kyle

Ok i just got the game last saturday and i love it! Why i dont know? It's just a simple shooter with ok graphics at best. And ok gameplay. But for whatever reason  i cant stop playing it!  Does anyone else like commando raid?

I haven't played it much but it's funny to me how one person can absolutely love a game that others don't give a rat's patootie about. My "can't stop playing it" game is Megamania and has been since I was a kid. :)

I liked Commando Raid, but my one gripe was the fact that it was yet another one of those Atari games that had the "guided bullets" which I really hated. In later levels, this feature becomes bothersome since you need to fire off a shot and reposition the turret. Of course, in the heat of battle, it's painfully easy to guide your bullet off course slightly as you reposition the turret's barrel.

You can also get off on shooting down unarmed parachutists in violation of the Geneva convention. Commando Raid would be my favorite US Games release. Nice graphics, decent action which does get repetitive. Better than its unofficial 2-player sequel "M.A.D." A game can last forever when you use guided missiles.