IGNORED

Ex-head of ATARI's "MindDrive" ??

PongHit

Anyone here know anythng about this??

"The MindDrive is the result of a decade-long development project involving leading leading scientists and engineers, and led by the ex-head of ATARI and developer of the first hand-held computer. It reads bioelectic signals with totally unprecedented subtlety and sophistication, resulting in heretofore impossible results."

"Games for all family members, where success depends on how well you maneuver your thoughts - not just how fast you move a joystick."

"Have you ever skied down a mountain just by thinking 'left' or 'right'? Now you can!"

http://www.altered-states.co.nz/cgi-local/...nd/minddriv.htm

-PongHit

I was just reading something about this recently (a device similar to this that was made for the 2600 I believe - could be wrong on that though) - unfortunately I don't have the link handy.

Although the concept was cool User's complained that it gave them too much of a real life headache!

I also remember seeing a similar device for PC's on retail shelfs sometime during the early 90's but never tried it out...

This is old news. This is DOS-era technology. And I think Ron Gordon is a Tramiel Atari vet and nobody to get too excited about. This thing sonds like a rehash of mindlink.

http://news.com.com/2100-1023-204991.html?legacy=cnet

There actually is research going on regarding man-machine interfaces. There was a slashdot article not that long ago that talked about interfacing a robot arm to a monkey by plugging into nerves or neurons and the monkey figured out how to control it.