IGNORED

The Funnest Rare Games

hanglyman

I've noticed most of the very best games are quite common, and not too hard to aquire, and that alot of

the rare games of rarity 6 and higher are hard to aquire, and not really all that much fun to play

What I want to know is which do you think are some of the most fun to play games that are rarity 6 - 10

(not just rare label variations of common carts)

Tapper! , Frogger 2 and River Raid 2 all definately come to mind

What are some other fun rare games?

Thanks,

DAS

Recue Terra I is a blast, so is Quadrun.

Tempest

Unfortunately, they're only accessible if you have lots of cash to spare, am I correct?

I'm still drooling whenever I see pictures of Quadrun in old issues of AtariAge magazine.

I've always liked Death Trap . . . Should've been a dual-paddle game like Marble Craze, though, I think . . .

Others that haven't been mentioned:

Motocross Racer -- much more fun on the 2600 than on the keypad-intensive CV version.

Crazy Climber (have actually played on real hardware)

Mangia (well, it's fun to me . . . Needs music, though, since it's almost a rhythm game)

Q*Bert's Qubes (at least if you catch on to what you're supposed to do and don't play it like the first one)

Shuttle Orbiter

Out of Control (yes, I really like Avalon Hill games. Can you tell?)

Crypts of Chaos (Hey, it's a 6 on Atariguide, and I agree with their rating, it's much harder to find than the Fox R4's . . .)

Quadrun isn't fun.  Explain the fun part, because I'm not seeing it.

You have to know how to play it right and then it gets very fun.

Honestly, you think I'm that stupid to skip the manual?

You move a small box around a plus sign playing field, shootng objects and catching your bullet (or rectangle) on the opposite end. oh kay, where's the fun in that? :yawn:

I think that Quadrun is actually quite good. It's tough, but most games of the period were far too easy.

Crazy Climber is good too.

I'm not a fan of many 2600 games. I always preferred the 8-bit stuff, because I was an arcade kid, and the 8-bit games were just closer to the real deal. No good ports of Scramble, though...

But, following recent threads in this forum, I've been playing Dragster a lot. It's actually more addictive once you hear about others' experiences. OK, it's not rare, so it's a little off topic here, but my point is that different games appeal to different people. And that is one of the great aspects of playing video games...there's something for everyone out there.

maybe it's because it's the only rare games I have but I really really like halloween nd texas chainsaw masacre. Also I play beat em and eat em alot. And by the way I picked up an activision anthology for my game boy sp and it rocks!!! finally I can play all of my favorite activision games in school :D