IGNORED

How about another Forum - a Gallery?

Spirantho

Hi everybody,

Just looking at the Malagai on auction, and trying _not_ to press the large and friendly-looking "Bid Now!" button, made me wonder how many people here have it - and I'll probably check the rarity guide forum and feel sick when I see CPUWIZ's minty boxed copy (probably, knowing him).

I was just thinking, though, would it not be nice to have a forum just for people to exhibit (read: "show off") their collections with photos? I know people sometimes post pictures when they complete hard-to-get sub-collections, like all the Atari Red Labels or something, but I think it would be nice to have them all in the same place.

I'm not talking photos of complete collections, as they're so big that you can't see what's going on often, but everyone has a section they're particularly proud of, don't they? So, for instance, I may have a picture of my completed Atari Club carts (Quadrun et al), along with my Atari 2800 or something, and somebody else could show off their complete boxed Commavid collection.

Just an idea - I think it would be nice to get a 'close up' on people's collections!

Incidentally, what happened to the "Game of the Week" idea too - will that still be put on the website?

Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not comfortable creating MORE forums until we move over to the new software soon. Then we'll be able to create nested forums, and it will cause less of a mess on the main index page. :) As for the Game of the Week idea, I'd still like to do that, but may need some help getting that off the ground. :)

..Al

Ah, but that's exactly what I *don't* want to see.

Thing is, when you look at those pictures, you see everything en masse.

I find a room full of boxes - even Atari boxes! - less interesting than say a complete set of Answer Software games boxed. Maybe that's just me though!

Ah, but that's exactly what I *don't* want to see.

Thing is, when you look at those pictures, you see everything en masse.

I find a room full of boxes - even Atari boxes! - less interesting than say a complete set of Answer Software games boxed. Maybe that's just me though!

I understand what you're saying and I think it's a good idea. A forum dedicated to people splaying out the more interesting items in their collection could be fun. Each person could start a new thread, and then people could post their comments below. You may want to remind me once we move to the new forum software, I don't want to create more forums at this time until they can be nested appropriately to better organize them. :)

..Al

I think even better would be a gallery section. Each member can have their own gallery to display some photos and of course you could browse an overall photo gallery. I'll look into products that might integrate with the new forum software, or writing our own.

• 2 weeks later...
Anything else?

A 2600 PAL forum! :D 8)

I wouldn't like to see a separate PAL forum.

I think that, if the rarity guide were a little more PAL orientated, it would help integrate us Europeans with them Yankees.

Hopefully the development of the 8-bit side of the site will raise the profile of the A8 machines too.

Nested forums sounds like a good idea...

I think even better would be a gallery section. Each member can have their own gallery to display some photos and of course you could browse an overall photo gallery. I'll look into products that might integrate with the new forum software, or writing our own.

That sounds cool to me!

Yes Spirantho. I loved your game of the week thing you started! I say you should just go ahead every week (until something official is up) and post The Game of the Week. :D