IGNORED

"Chris Crawford On Game Design"

Bill Lange

Has anyone read "Chris Crawford On Game Design", by Chris Crawford of course. I just finished reading it last week and it was very interesting. Although it included alot of the information on his website http://www.erasmatazz.com/index.html, it was nice to read it all in one place.

Chris Crawford is the designer and developer of Wizards for the Atari 2600 and several programs for the Atari 8-bits including Eastern Front, Scram and Energy Czar.

WRL

• 11 months later...

Hi

I found this Machine Language tutorial. Can anybody tell me this tutorial was created by the same Chris Wilkinson?

It's a very easy to read tutorial, with some entertaining comments. Highly recommendable for the beginners in 6502.

Regards

Chris Crawford is the designer and developer of Wizards for the Atari 2600 and several programs for the Atari 8-bits including Eastern Front, Scram and Energy Czar.

Hi

I found this Machine Language tutorial. Can anybody tell me this tutorial was created by the same Chris Wilkinson?

It's a very easy to read tutorial, with some entertaining comments. Highly recommendable for the beginners in 6502.

It's the same guy. I'm sure you meant to type Crawford though. I know there is a Chris Wilkinson on the Stella Mailing List.

MASKING BITS  

Sometimes we need to isolate particular bits in a byte.  For example, in Eastern Front (1941) I used the character value to store the unit type.  The color of the unit was encoded in the upper two bits of the byte, the type in the lower six bits. If I wanted to get only the unit type, I had to mask out the upper two bits.