IGNORED

Play before Feb 2022?

Adrian M

One of my latest acquistions has been a new copy of THRUST+ Platinum Edition from the AA store. I love tihs game and I'm extremely impressed by the game (been playing it nightly!) as well as the packaging, cart and manual design!

Today as I was organizing my cart shelf, I noticed that on the bottom of the THRUST+ Platinum box there's a little pricetag-sized box of text that states "Play Before: FEB 2022"....I take it this is a joke from the developer, right? The only reason I ask is due to the inevitable bit rot that occurs in EPROMs, which I've read usually begins in 20 years or so. Feb 2022 is close enough to the 20 year mark, hence my curiosity! :)

That's the date that the little Stonehenge pieces are activated and everyone dies a horrible death at the hands of robots...and spiders, and snakes, etc

Does the lable also say Siver Shamrock???

I'm guessing Thomas will have to enlighen us.

Does the lable also say Siver Shamrock???

I'm guessing Thomas will have to enlighen us.

Is that a Halloween III reference?

8 more days to Halloween,Halloween,Halloween.

8 more days to Halloween.

Silver Shamrock!!

Um, nevermind... :)

Buck

Your Personal Day of Death is...

Sunday, February 9, 2031

I don't believe that. I'm going to die in 2015 when the nuclear bombs fall like most people reading this post. My skin will be extra-crispy that day. I hope my arms go first so I can take a quick bite before the rest of me goes.

Your Personal Day of Death is...  

Sunday, February 9, 2031

I don't believe that. I'm going to die in 2015 when the nuclear bombs fall like most people reading this post. My skin will be extra-crispy that day. I hope my arms go first so I can take a quick bite before the rest of me goes.

Maybe youre gonna be one of the unlucky ones that survive. :ponder: :D

Today as I was organizing my cart shelf, I noticed that on the bottom of the THRUST+ Platinum box there's a little pricetag-sized box of text that states "Play Before: FEB 2022"....I take it this is a joke from the developer, right?   The only reason I ask is due to the inevitable bit rot that occurs in EPROMs, which I've read usually begins in 20 years or so.  Feb 2022 is close enough to the 20 year mark, hence my curiosity!  :)

Actually, there was a typo on the new label/sticker. It should say Plutonium Edition.

It will become unstable by Feb 2022, so, you need to keep the Feb 2022 sticker held "towards gravity force" and don't bump it, or

BOOM!!!

Don't say I didn't warn you! :|