IGNORED

Return of BattleSphere Gold™

Thunderbird

The 2nd huge batch of BattleSphere Gold carts has arrived at the ScatoLOGIC offices today!

As they are put carefully through the stringent ScatoLOGIC Quality Assurance Testing over the next few days, the individuals on the waiting list will be contacted in the order which their requests were made, with the ordering details.

If you're near the bottom of the reserved list , fear not! Another massive batch is coming in very shortly, so we hope to cover all of the pending orders ASAP.

So get those checkbooks and PayPal accounts all warmed up!!!

The ScatoLOGIC Team

quote:

Originally posted by Sauron:

Can you give a timeframe as to when it would be too late to send in an order? I'm in the process of saving up money for it, and would like to know how much longer I have. Thanks!

We haven't stopped taking names. We have a fairly constant (but expensive) supply of EPROMS and we're not sure when they'll run out. When they do, we'll just look elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, now is your chance. The 4th batch is being tested and should be ready in a couple of days. We might finally put a dent in the huge waiting list.

Thanks to everyone who ordered, and everyone who have been patiently waiting. And thanks for all the great comments that have been posted about our humble game.

Ouch... $160 is a lot... I know the game is good, but aside from collectors value, can someone talk me into getting this game?

What do you think of Star Raiders?

Imagine someone took the original 8-bit Star Raiders and jazzed it up with Playstation or Nintendo 64 3D graphics, and then added a bunch of cool new features like choosing your own spaceship, different types of weapons, better dogfighting AI, etc.

In a nutshell, that's BattleSphere.

I was always a big, big fan of Star Raiders, so to have an updated version that is bigger and better is worth $160 to me.

Let's all not forget that the original BattleSphere has achieved such a huge following that USED copies sell for around $250 on eBay.

The new version comes Jam Packed with added stuff too.

Plus, compared to the prices of some of these hommeade looking "multicart" things I've seen, this is a steal!

quote:

Originally posted by borsox13:

I've been on it since a few days after it started shipping (at least I hope I'm on it ) so it may take quite a bit of time. Still have my fingers crossed. I'd go for it though if you've got the money!

If I sent you an email saying that you were on the list then you're on the list.

If you really meant "a few days" as you said, then there might be a problem. Orders have been filled for people who ordered close to the release date.

There were 2-3 people from the first batch and second batch who completely failed to answer the emails I sent telling them their carts were ready, as well as one guy who's email address is no longer working. In fact, one fellow sent a "deposit" to me to hold his order after I told him we DO NOT take money until we have product ready. When his cart was ready I emailed him for 3 weeks trying to get a response, and he didn't answer. I sent his money back to him.

I should add a corollary:

If you do NOT like Star Raiders or other "space dogfighter" games, you probably won't like BattleSphere either.

Me - I love BattleSphere - great game!

Too bad it's not ported to any other platforms. I imagine that a PC version would be great to have...

quote:

Originally posted by someguy:

I should add a corollary:

If you do NOT like Star Raiders or other "space dogfighter" games, you probably won't like BattleSphere either.

Me - I love BattleSphere - great game!

Too bad it's not ported to any other platforms. I imagine that a PC version would be great to have...

Too bad that most other recent space battle games have been pretty to look at but SUCKED gameplay wise. The sucky play caused low sales which makes publishers shy away from proposed ports of BattleSphere.

Thunderbird, I sent you another email. I did tell you in a past email that I would be gone for 10 days (when I expected to get the order confirmation) and you said I would have a while to respond. I never did get it though. I guess it's possible that I somehow missed it and I was one of the people who never responded.

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: borsox13 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ze_ro:

So, if I put an order in right now, how long can I expect to wait? I know it's hard to nail down these things, but just a ballpark figure would be nice... a week? a year?

--Zero

That depends on how many EPROMS we can get, and when we can get them. Also, how far down on the waiting list your name appears.

Then again, since this IS a "limited edition", there will be a limit to how many are ever made.

• 2 weeks later...