IGNORED

Jag RGB question

bradjewell

I was going to make a RGB hook-up for my Jag and was wondering what do you use off of the A/V port for the Intensity/Fast Blanking lead on the the RGB port. Do you use luma? Is this even posible or am I retarded?

Do you have to do anythign special besides connect the leads for RGB?

I was going to hook it to a tandy cd11 monitor.

Brad

I was going to make a RGB hook-up for my Jag and was wondering what do you use off of the A/V port for the Intensity/Fast Blanking lead on the the RGB port. Do you use luma? Is this even posible or am I retarded?

Brad

:P

You should only need:

Red

Green

Blue

Horizontal Sync

Vertical Sync

Ground.

Though I've seen monitors that work with RGB/ground and composite sync only, and I think the official Atari cables use seperately wired grounds for Red, Green and Blue (using multi-shielded cable - one shield per colour and an overall shield).

Try both and see :)

Stone

Make sure the Tandy monitor can handle all the Jaguars colors; I bought an old Tandy monitor a few years back to do just this, only to discover after hooking it up that it only displayed 16 colors, the Jag games look terrible on it. Unfortunately I forget what model Tandy it was...

Brad

:P

Now, now. I don't need any of that razzing! ;)

@gunstar- I hope it works... Actually I have to get the monitor working first as it was junked one that I recieved.. :D

@stone - Ill probably try all kind of stuff once I get the stuff together...

;)

by the way, would anyone be able to help me modding my jag for BJL?

As in where would be the best place to get teh chip adn all that.. Ive checked all teh sites adn stuff.. Im working on getting the supplies for the cable.. I guess what Im mostly needing help on is the rom chip.

Brad

Belboz sent me a BJL chip. The mod is fairly easy though. Getting the origional ROM out is a bugger. You'll need a solder sucker.

It helps to read one of the man FAQs available. Linkovitch has a great one at http://www.linkovitch.me.uk/jaguar/bjl/about.html.

An alternative to modding, if you have a JagCD, and are squeamish, you can get Belboz's CD loader image from our development project JHQ.

http://www.jaguarhq.net/dev/bjlcd_v1_0.zip

You can download it from his site too, though I forget the link.

Hope that helps![/url]

Im not really worried about the mod...

Just wondering where to get that chip at...

Ive read the faq's around and they seem pretty good..

The chip is easy enough to make if you own or have access to an EPROM burner. If not you could try local electronics/repair stores and get them to do it for you, even somewhere like Radio Shack might let you testdrive a burner if you ask nicely/social engineer a bit ;) Or just ask, plenty of people here can hook you up.

Sadly I'm all out now...and my burner needs a severe overhaul :lol:

Stone