IGNORED

Wing Wars

intvgene

Anybody know who was behind Wing Wars? Was it Imagic, Activision or someone else? Did it ever get "officially" released, or was it just another pirate job?

It's incredibly similar to the Colecovision one by Imagic (called Wing War), but it seems unlikely that it was released by them for the 8-bit. The versions that I have, don't display anything to do with Activision (though they could have been hacked out). Both of my ATRs are courtesy of The Cruiser. :)

Anybody hate it/love it? I like it, but I wish that the controls were a little better. Also, the difficulty is quite maddening. I want to like it, but it just is too frustrating.

Thanks for the answers.

I've had this game forever, and I've always wondered who was actually behind it.

Anyone who hasn't played it, should give it a try. It's worth looking at, but I find the controls, level design and difficulty frustrate me too much to make it a classic.

if you examine the Imagic 1-2-3 (Quick Step, Laser gates & Wingwars) you will find that they are actullay Cartridge rom images converted to work from a disk.

Nir, exactly what I wrote ;)

Wing War (and the other two games) were to be cartridge releases but the crash probably prompted Imagic to go for something cheaper. The three games were ready so they decided to sell them on a compilation but the company didn't want to invest in the A8 anymore. Chopper Hunt is the last Imagic A8 game but it's just a re-release of Buried Bucks and a "flippy" (with the C64 version on side A!).

Does anybody know what happened to Fathom, Dragonfire, Nova Blast and Moonsweeper? They were canned but were the games ever programmed?

++

RC

++