IGNORED

Activision ads?

PeeknPoke

When playing the PS2 version of Activision Anthology, watching those great reward old Adverts and what I also remember as a Kid is, why did they re image the game screens as they shown you the game? The games look almost animated. The games looked better on the 2600.

just thought it was funny

Lee

... why did they re image the game screens as they shown you the game? The games look almost animated. ...

I think there were 2 main reasons:

[1] The commericals (& print-materials) had to be prepared before a complete, finished version of the game was available.

[2] It was difficult to film a regular TV screen & get a good visual result.

-PongHit

So does that have the real, complete commercials for every Activision game? How's the quality? Any other cool extras worth mentioning?

I don't have a Playstation 2 yet, but I plan to sometime this year, so if that thing has most of the major TV commercials, maybe I should go ahead and buy it as soon as possible so I have it before it becomes impossible to find. I'll go check the price at Amazon and maybe I will be able to buy it next month or in March.

Thanks.

I noticed that too, but also pretty much assumed it was for those reasons.

It reminds me of some of the first NES games which showed bitmapped graphics on the box cover as if it was taken from the game but it really wasn't. Not to mention all the game companies who would advertise a game in a magazine and show the arcade screen shots for the game.

I think the colecovision game catalog had a couple of titles they did that with as well.

Hey Cavelevel,

Now is a great time to get this games as it's really cheap.

Got mine at Target for $10....

Other extras are reproductions of the different patches Activision offered back then. It has an 80's soundtrack and you can play the games in different screen modes.

Holy cow! Thanks. I better go check around and see if Target or any stores in my area have it near that price.

is it just me or is unlocking the Barnstorming Ad IMPOSIBLE  :x

Get a time of less than 34 seconds on game 1 to see the commercial? I don't even like that game, but I would like to see the commercial. I guess when I go to buy the game and a playstation 2, I should also get a Game Shark. You can enter a code to see any commercial which is great:

http://www.robsgaming.com/cheatcodes/ps2/3770.html

Barnstorming Commercial

CE9C85EA BCA99B84

Boxing Commercial

CE9C849A BCA99B84

Chopper Command Commercial

CE9C844A BCA99B84

Freeway Commercial

CE9C7B8A BCA99B84

Grand Prix Commercial

CE9C7B4A BCA99B84

Ice Hockey Commercial

CE9C7B6A BCA99B84

Kabobber Commercial

CE9C7B7A BCA99B84

Kaboom Commercial

CE9C7B0A BCA99B84

Laser Blast Commercial

CE9C7B2A BCA99B84

MegaMania Commercial

CE9C7B3A BCA99B84

Pitfall Commercial

CE9C7AFA BCA99B84

River Raid Commercial

CE9C7A6A BCA99B84

Skiing Commercial

CE9C7A3A BCA99B84

Stampede Commercial

CE9C798A BCA99B84

Starmaster Commercial

CE9C799A BCA99B84

Tennis Commercial

CE9C79AA BCA99B84

I'm not jumping through hoops, playing games I don't like just to see classic commercials. I'm paying for it, so I should have the choice to see them if I want or to unlock them as part of the game. Either way, it should my decision. Thank God the Game Shark exists.