IGNORED

Radium Arkos Return Of The Cosmic Curiers

JaguarManiac

Ok, this got me interested, so I did a little digging on yehoo for you

I managed to find this page (in german) about the CD, but its not official, it appears to be from a sci-fi music club with streaming realplayer files. To translate it (badly), use the ever-helpful Babel Fish. There are also some short samples on there, but click the links in the german page, since the Babel Fish will try to translate the binary data of the mp3 lol.

I also then managed to find an american company who I think still have it and you may be able to get a copy (if you do, please send me some mp3's of it, it sounds like nice trancy kinda music). I'd probably contact them before you order, to make sure its not an out of date page I found, and that they have them in stock still.

Good luck, and I hope that was helpful. btw if you just search for "radium arkos" you'll find the most results, the "return of the cosmic curiers" bit gets cut off on most places. There were many more links I didnt check out on yahoo, so hopefully you can find something more if you want to dig arround a bit more.

Lol, like an idiot I forgot to paste the link to the site which had the cd on their lists

The order form link is at the bottom of the loooong list of cd's.

[ 06-09-2002: Message edited by: Tyrant ]

I then found another site, which has a review of it, in english this time, and an extra bit of info to help in your search

"Another fact which may be of interest is that this is in fact Waveshape under another name."

[ 06-09-2002: Message edited by: Tyrant ]

The two pages fount by Tyrant are quite interesting

but they doesn't tell anything about the connection

between the CD and the VLM. For you who don't

speak german, don't be sad, the text on the german

site is mostly blabla

Maybe some tracks can be found in AudioGalaxy?

(I'm surfin with an Amiga (please don't hurt me!)

so I can't use it)

quote:

Originally posted by JaguarManiac:

I'm surfin with an Amiga (please don't hurt me!

Bah! I did all that work and you dont even have the decency to use an ST / Falcon? what is the world coming to when we get infiltrated by amoeba users.

(yes incase you hadnt noticed I am being a little sarcastic, amoeba's may be crap machines and the arch rivals of Atari, but Im not so xenophobic as to actually dislike somebody just because they have no taste).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JaguarManiac:

<STRONG>I'm surfin with an Amiga (please don't hurt me!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bah! I did all that work and you dont even have the decency to use an ST / Falcon? what is the world coming to when we get infiltrated by amoeba users.

(yes incase you hadnt noticed I am being a little sarcastic, amoeba's may be crap machines and the arch rivals of Atari, but Im not so xenophobic as to actually dislike somebody just because they have no taste).

Actually I don't think much of the warfare between

Atari and Commodore/Amiga Users. I think using any

homecomputer is a million times better than using

a PC, no matter if it is an Atari or an Amiga! By

the way I do have and use Atari Computers and I

think they are still the best in games, music and

demos :D but for inet-surfing for me the Amiga is more

comfortable. :oops:

Personally I use a PC for everything, one day I'll pull my ST out and set it up, when I get my room completely rebuilt the way I want it and have the space for it, but I'll probably still only use it to play all the old games on, and for two player stunt car racer when linked to my pc emu :-)

It's kinda funny, in an odd sorta way, but I still feel kinda sad when I think of my kick-ass Atari 1040ST just sitting in the closet.

Y'know, it was my #1 computer for years, with the 40 Meg hard drive, the 4 Meg of memory, the IBM AT/XT keyboard connector that I installed (never could type very well with the standard ST keyboard, plus a couple of the keys didn't wanna work) and ALL THOSE GAMES! It ran my BBS, stayed up late with me while I diligently wrote another short story...

Now, with the limited space, it sits in the closet, quietly begging me to come in and visit, while it slowly deteriorates. The last time, I barely got the hard drive to start spinning. :cry:

But, I'll never part with it. WAY too many good games. Way too many good memories... :)

Uh, what were we talking about again? :roll:

Well, at least he didn't use a Mac! ;) Besides, Amigas and ST's are basically the same anyways...

--Zero

• 4 weeks later...
Long ago I read something about an Audio CD called

"Radium Arkos - Return Of The Cosmic Curiers".

It was composed specially for use in

combination with the Virtual Light Machine.

Does anyone know more about it?

Hey, that's cool, my prior co-worker an I did this music.

Funny to read about it after such a long time :wink:

First it was planned as a mixed mode CD-i for exclusive use

with the ATARI Jaguar Interactive Multimedia CD-ROM drive.

At this time (1995) Atari was not interested in this CD-i project

respectively we got no reply. It was a pity because we prepared

a nice science-fiction story with comic and raytraced pictures...

We had to reduce it to a normal/regular audio-cd. The release

date was in summer 1998. The style of the music is Electro,

Trance, Chill-Out related, completely produced with the help

of several ATARI Computers (Mega ST, STE, TT, Falcon)

If you want to see some of the raytracings and cd-cover please

visit the nice-grafix homepage. I did the raytracings with NeoN

Grafix 3D and modified ATARI Falcon 030 :love:

Greetinx

Micky