IGNORED

values

bcd714

ive started collecting 2600 cartridges and was wondering what price rarity 3-4-5 would be worth paying... thanks

If you spend some time with old folders (try searching) you'll discover this is a real tricky question to answer! I'm not old hat around here either...but here's what I've learned so far.

Like anything else, despite the rarity, it is supply and demand. 2 Cartridges with the same rarity rating might vary wildly in cost. Realistically, you should be able to buy anything for rarity 4 and under for under $10. Rarity 5 starts to vary. On eBay, I've seen a high range, even for the same titles. For example, I've seen H.E.R.O. go for $14 and also $33! If you are very patient, you should be able to add almost anything (someone correct me if I am wrong) that is a rarity 5 for under $20. Beware of PALs.

If you're serious about collecting, watch eBay for a few months. I keep a running spreadsheet of the # bids witnessed per title as well as the lowest and highest I have seen it go for.

Rarity 6 and up is a lot more complicated....

Another thing I have noticed...the more fun a game is to play, the more it will cost. Pengo is a good example of a game with rarity 6 that can go for pretty high ($35). That's because it is not only uncommonly found, but a good game. There are many rare games (or even non-rare) that flat out stink. I try to avoid those simply because I am a player/collector...not a collector.